Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday -- Ally

Everytime I caught a glimpse of myself today I couldn't help but think of "The Dark Knight" and say, "Why so serious?" I look like I'm about to haul off to a funeral, but I guess I was in a mood this morning when I got dressed.

Dress: Mossimo (bought years ago at Target)

Flats: Sam Edelman ($28!!!!!!!!!!! Zappos outlet)

Necklace: vintage via MeMaw










I started to crop this photo more, but I'm so proud of my herbs and marigolds and other flowers/plants that I left them in :) I have three big container pots with herbs, four window boxes with marigolds (most from seed), snap dragons, snowcaps & basil, and another big pot FULL of marigolds (all from seed). I get excited to check on "the flower babies" each day after work.

To date, Maddy's the only living thing I've managed to keep alive, so this is a big deal!

This is another necklace from my MeMaw. It also comes with matching clip-on earrings but I'm not an earring gal, so I never wear them.

I think the clasp is so pretty so I like to wear it toward the front - no sense in hiding it!

My apologies for the lack of posts over here the past week. I'm still recovering from my great weekend with Krissa/Sparky! More on that to come :)

9 comments:

Kelly said...

I always meant to make it to the Zappos outlet when I went to UofL, but just like the planetarium it was always something I would do "one day" and then never actually did.

Be proud of your plants! I'm making progress and am currently at a good stage of being able to keep about half my plants alive. I already killed the plant my brother gave me for my birthday in June, but I miraculously still have a poinsettia from last Christmas and a plant an ex boyfriend gave me about two years ago (I think it's supposed to have flowers, but I haven't managed to coax them out since the first ones died)

But dogs are easier to take care of. They tell you when they need something!

Kelly said...

uh, wow that was a long comment. Sorry for rambling...I'm procrastinating before bed!

Louella said...

your herbs and flowers are beautiful! you do have a green thumb like me for gardening.

Ally said...

Next time you're down, you have to go to Zappos, Kelly! I've lived here my entire life and have never gone to the planetarium (unless it was a field trip I don't recall).

Thanks, Mama :) I had to get it from somewhere!!

Anonymous said...

Not a chance: With a smile like that, no one will mistake you for a gloomypuss.

I envy your herbs. Anything that can't survive on whatever the skies provide perishes in MY garden.

Leah said...

Cute outfit... and great job on the plants! I have a brown thumb so I can definitely appreciate being proud of keeping plants alive. I would like to get some herbs going and I think I will try starting with a potted garden. In fact, I have a deck similar to yours so I may have to copy!

Leah
(Make It Fab)

Anonymous said...

Every lady needs a basic black dress - you are still a major hottie, chick! I have already told my mom I stalking the Zappos Outlet for a pair of Sam E flats next week when we are out in Vegas. As for your plants, I am super impressed. Plants cringe at my presence!

Leslie said...

will you come help me have more than a fake green tree?

maybe a plant on the porch? but I always kill them! You must counsel me if I try.

Ally said...

Sal - Thank you *grins*

Leah & Kimberly - If you lived close, I'd help with your gardening

Leslie - I'm going to help you go green in more than one way now!