Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One more red, white and blue....


Madras Jacket: Ann Taylor Loft

Blue Tank: Gap

Red Necklace: Just Jewelry

White Pants: The Limited

Tan Pumps: Charles by Charles David

I promised one more red, white and blue outfit if Michael Phelps won 8 golds...and I don't break my promises! Plus, I figured it may be one of the last chances I have to get my white pants in before they go out of season. Yes, I am one of those girls who doesn't wear white after Labor Day. I'll wear winter white pants--but not crisp summer white. I'm sure some people think I'm old fashioned. But I'm an old fashioned kinda gal. Sometimes. Most of the time. When it suits me.

Like Allison, I'm going to miss swimming at the Olympics. What will I miss you ask? I'm going to miss the thrill of the race, the excitement of the chase and Aaron Peirsol's face (mine and Jamie's favorite swimmer boy was left off of Allison's pictures--maybe she'll rectify the situation)! :-) 4 more years til swimmer boys again. Maybe Allison will continue Mantastic Mondays to get us through it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the red, white, and blue outfits and esp. love this jacket!

btw, I'm an Aaron Piersol fan myself!

Jamie said...

That is by far one of my favorite jackets you own.

And you know my deep feelings for Aaron :)

Ally said...

I searched high and low for some good Aaron Pearsol pics...no luck :(

I think he's dreamy too...maybe we'll have some M3 (Monday Morning Manjoyment) more often!! We'll see...I'd hate to offend our delicate male readers!

ohthatgirl said...

Aaron Pearsol! Yes! That is what I'm talking about. I just bring myself to manjoy the Phelps.

Love the outfit, Leslie.

Kyle said...

Hey girls!

Have you ever thought about adding a male blogger to your team? We could use some cheap fashion tips other than the insanely expensive items we see in GQ and Men's Health.

Personally I only shop at Express because it fits slimmer/athletic body styles better than OTR at some of the cheaper places. If there are other options out there I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks,
Kyle

Ally said...

Hey, Kyle - you should email us some of your best looks and do a guest post or two!

My boyfriend has a slim/athletic build and it's really hard to find good clothes that fit - he will probably do a few posts in the future but I'm trying to avoid it being the Ally's Boyfriend Show :)

Kyle said...

Sounds great! Although I don't consider myself that fasion forward... I'll give it my best!

Ally said...

We'll be the judge of that, Kyle!

KT said...

Ladies ladies ladies. Yes, swimming may be over but can I step up to the plate and mention FOOTBALL SEASON? HOCKEY SEASON? Don't worry, hot men are only a season away...

Toni said...

LOVE this!!! Totally works on you!

Eyeliah said...

Thats really pretty. You remind me why I need white pants.