Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday -- Ally

I sound like a broken record, but what a week! I can't wait for the weekend! We don't have a lot in the way of plans, but what little we have to do is laid-back and fun.

I got several compliments on today's outfit and it surprised me as I wasn't 100% on the skirt. I don't own a full-length mirror (weird, right?) and usually just "know" how stuff looks and then check it once I get to work (when it's far too late). I saw this skirt at Old Navy on the clearance rack and must have passed by it a half-dozen times before finally picking it up. It looked too short and I thought the shape was "off." After eyeballing it and then seeing the price tag ($6) I said "what the hell" and got it.

Cardi: Target

Slip: visible at neckline, Old Navy

Skirt: Old Navy

Necklace, Belt: Walmart

Shoes: Enzo Angiolini (Marshall's?)










As soon as I decided to get the skirt I then realized I didn't know what I'd wear with it. I could always wear a black shirt but that's a little boring and predictable. I kept digging in the clearance rack and found a silk slip/nightie in the same pattern as the skirt, but in reverse.

The skirt is black with lime, magenta, ivory and light blue dots with stripes of the same colors at the bottom. The slip is ivory with magenta, blue and black dots. The slip served two purposes today: 1) it's real purpose and 2) alternate to a tank. Not bad for $8!


It's a little blousy at top so I had to mind it though the day, but it wasn't something I had to fiddle with constantly either. I think I'm more paranoid over it than necessary but it's better to be a little modest than having The Boob Show.














So I went to Target with a coworker earlier in the week (Hi, L!!) and saw a few new pieces for Fall (already!!) and yeah. I was already OVER summer but now I really am! I'm ready for cooler weather and cute new Fall clothes!

7 comments:

KT said...

I love this outfit! I'm with you on the fall clothes. I can't wait. I'd be wearing tights right now if people wouldn't think I was a nut case!

Ally said...

I KNOW! My paleness never bothers me (as it's intentional) but boy am I tired of my day-glo legs! They need to be covered in tights and wrapped in tall boots!

Fashion in the Sky said...

Oh man, I agree completely about fall clothes! I've been buying so many sweaters and jeans!
-Barbie

Jane said...

I love the skirt too.

Anonymous said...

Polka Dots are fantastic! Ahhh, Fall Fashion - my favorite!!! Tights and boots - I am drooling just thinking about it.

Jamie said...

I love the poka dot shirt, that adds so much to the outfit!

E said...

I SOOOOOO feel you on being ready for Fall!!! Aaaaahhhh especially after my hellish week in Iowa. Yuck.

Anyway. You look freakin' fantastic, Ladyfriend.