Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thursday -- Ally

Leslie once said you can wear sequins on your birthday. While today's not MY birthday, it's gotta be someone's so I may as well celebrate!

Black pleated cardi: Mossimo

Silver sequin tank: New York & Company

Pants: east 5th (JCP housebrand)

Shoes: Target

Necklace: vintage










I bought this several weeks ago but keep putting off wearing it because I didn't have a short-sleeved cardi to 1) cover my arms and 2) hide the ill-fitting straps. They really need to be taken up but do fine if under a sweater.

Thankfully I took this picture early b/c I managed to dribble coffee on it late afternoon!












This lovely vintage necklace is courtesy of my Me-Maw. She was in town a year or two ago and spent the night with my parents. I was over and she was going through all her old costume jewelry. Of course, I had to get my sticky fingers involved!!








I love the tassle on this!


















She gave me several pieces and I'll make sure to debut them soon!












These shoes get a lot of use!













So happy birthday Amelia Earhart! Happy Pioneer Day, Utah! Most importantly, Happy National Tequila Day!! These sequins are for you!

9 comments:

KT said...

Pretty funny! I have to fess up that I grew up convinced I might be Amelia. I did so many book reports on her and loved her so much!

Ally said...

You're a little "fresh" looking to be her me thinks... ;)

E said...

Pretty Girl, Ally! Aw, I missed your face on the blog...

That necklace is seriously awesome. WOW. And super cute top, too!

Anonymous said...

I love jewelry from Grandmas - it is the best. Lucky for us they are so fashionable!
While at Purdue I lived in the same dorm that Amelia did when she attended there. That makes for one very old dorm!
Happy Tequila Day ~ if I would have known I would have worn sequins too!

Leslie said...

Cant beat sequins!

Anonymous said...

The necklace is beautiful and I dig the sequin top, chic!

Ally said...

E - Thanks, honey! I've been busy doing some behind-the-scenes stuff AND I've been a frumpy mess all week!

Kimberly - It's not too late for sequins!

fdiary/Budget Chic - Thanks! I twirled the thing around today - I felt very Las Vegas.

Tracey said...

Just so you know... I'm stealing that top and knecklace!

Ally said...

You can borrow!! :)