Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Answer to Leslie's Olympic Fashion Challenge - Tracey








Navy wrap dress - Target Merona

White tank - Gap Essential
Red patent wedges - Calvin Klein

Gold bangles - Ann Taylor Loft




After Leslie posted her challenge I started thinking about all the outfits I could make, and I actually have a lot of options. Here is the one I decided to bust out 1st because it was my best "during the week" option. Hopefully I'll be able to get another one in before the Olympics is over!

I love this dress. It's actually very versatile, although I'm wearing it pretty basic here. It looks great belted... or with a cardigan over it... or with a pashmina... and it works in the fall with some great boots. Kasmira over at What I Wore Today does a fantastic job of mixing it up. Check out some of her outifts using the dress here!

The shoes I love.. love, love, love. I can't walk long distances in them, but if I'm just going to work and home they are ok :) It's hard to get the true beauty of the red in the pics, but they are a deep, almost blood red.

The gold bangles I picked up this weekend during Ann Taylor Loft's additional 30% off all markdowns. I've been looking for some nicer bangles to replace my Forever21 bangles that have seen better days. At approximately $10 for all 3, these fit the bill!

Edit: Literally minutes after I posted this I went over to check out ohthatgirl's blog and realized that her and I wore the exact same outfit. Great fashion minds think alike!! :)

Go USA!

16 comments:

Leslie said...

Looking great!!! I have a navy/white wrap dress as well and i think I'm going to wear it next week with red shoes--it's classic and looks good anytime of the year--but especially during the Olympics frenzy!

ohthatgirl said...

I love it! :O) You weren't kidding! Exact down to the shoes!

Are you on MUA by chance? I ask because that's how I found out about them (the shoes).

Ally said...

See? Now I REALLY can't participate in this challenge because I also have this dress and it is the only navy/white thing I own :)

Darn.

Tracey said...

Leslie, I've worn this same outfit a few weeks ago, so I was prepared when you laid down the challenge. This was the first outfit I thought of!

Ohthatgirl, I AM on MUA and that's how I found out about them too.. too funny! :)

Allison, so basically you were a fibber when you said you had nothing to wear for the challenge.. tsk, tsk ;)

Ally said...

I am now - I thought that dress was cream and not white...but...if you ladies are going to wear it as white, then so will I.

*sigh*

ohthatgirl said...

Leslie - Hilarious! MUA is how I find alot of my treasures. ;O)

Ally - Cream. White. Same thing in my eyes. Now pull that dress out, step into those freak'em pumps and post a picture!

Daniel said...

Dig it, Tracey.

Ally said...

OTG - Should I also play Beyonce's "Freak'um Dress" on loop all day? haha

ohthatgirl said...

Ally - Yes! All...Day...Long! hehe.

Kelly said...

You look great! and I LOVE those shoes. What is it with every blogger wearing awesome shoes the past couple days? You people make me want to go shopping!

Jamie said...

Look at you momma! LOVE IT!

E said...

Those are some seriously sexy shoes!

Ally said...

I just noticed your mirror side table - did you get the other pieces yet?

Kasmira said...

Isn't that dress great? Which we reminds me...I haven't worn mine in a while....
(thinking of hemming mine a bit shorter)

Anonymous said...

Tracey I have that same dress. I think that was Target's best selling print wrap-around dress. Beautiful shoes and great look

KT said...

Those shoes kick ass! Is the table new? It's cute!