Saturday, August 16, 2008

At the end of the day....there's cheap...but there's no cute


Elisabeth asked this week on her blog if you changed immediately when you got home or if you stay dressed in what is most likely your adorably cute attire.

See left what the answer is for me.

The very minute I walk in the door, I head to the closet and take off my work clothes and change into "cheerleader shorts" (PJ pants when it's cold) and a t-shirt. This is partly for 2 reasons--keeps my clothes cleaner and looking newer for a longer period of time and also just for pure comfort. The evening wear look is completed with my large fuzzy leopard print houseslippers (a girl's feet hurt after walking downtown in 3 inch heels all day!). My houseslippers didn't make the picture to the left because I was getting ready to walk out the door when I snapped this shot.

Yes, for all my cuteness when I am going to work or going out on the weekend, this is how I look once I've come home. Once I'm home for the evening and changed into my comfy clothes, there is no going back. I will run to a quick fast food dinner or grocery or go to orchestra rehearsal looking this scrubby. I don't know why--I guess I'm just ready to be 100% comfortable at the end of the day. If I have to stay dressed cute for something in the evening, many times I won't even go home first because if I do, the scrubby t-shirt, shorts and houseslippers just call my name. Why even tempt myself?

Like I said....at the end of the day--it may be "cheap"--but it sure isn't "cute!" Hopefully this admission and picture doesn't damage my fashion credibility!

5 comments:

Ally said...

I usually keep my clothes on all evening out of sheer laziness. I'm generally too lazy to go upstairs and change - it's awful.

That and I never know when Al will decide we're going to the grocery our out to dinner and I'm not going out in pj pants. Y'all know how I feel about that!!

Leslie said...

I used to stay dressed when I lived at my parents but now Im a bum!

I do refuse to go out in PJ pants. I'll go out in cotton shorts or workout pants--but I do draw the line at PJ pants, Im with you there!

Kelly said...

Cute nonetheless! I usually keep wearing my clothes until it's bedtime, but I take off my shoes as soon as I get in the door. If I'm going to bake or do a lot of housework, then I'll probably change. And uh, sometimes if I'm wearing pants I'll just take them off and walk around in my skivvies because I don't feel like going upstairs to find real pajama shorts. There are benefits to living alone :)

But, although I'm sure the pain isn't fun, I'm glad to hear you aren't one of those ladies who put on big white marshmallow tennis shoes to walk around downtown. Suits + tennis shoes doesn't work!!

Tracey said...

I change as soon as I get home... pj pants come on..bra comes off.. tshirt comes on! then I am home for the night. I am really good about doing all my errands before I get home so I don't have to leave the house once I am home. I am LAME :)

Anonymous said...

oooh you brave girl! my scrubby clothes are frightening and old and not appropriate for photos, lol.