Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A ladylike look


Cardigan: The Limited

Black Tank: Old Navy

Black Skirt: The Limited

Shoes: Diba

Note to self looking at this picture....I need my new Old Navy camis to arrive in the mail soon....because this one has faded and my blacks don't match as a result. Don't you love it when that happens when you walk out the door in the morning running late, look at yourself in the natural light of the car, and think "Oh crap"? That was me with my mismatching blacks. Luckily it's black so I don't think it was too bad and I was inside all day long anyhow.

I went for a ladylike look today with the black and white emphasis with red accent. I amped up the ladylike look with pearls--necklace, bracelet and earrings. I don't wear my pearls that often and I always feel like a "classy lass" when I do.

There's a funny story with this cardigan. One of my co-workers and I have a tendency to have similar style. Occasionally we spend our "lunch" visiting the mall and on one of those days, we both walked into the Limited, saw this sweater and eyed it the rest of the visit. Unfortunately, it wasn't on sale and neither of us was willing to pay $50 for it. We left without the sweater but joked that the question was which one of us would break down first--because one of us would have that sweater!

When I arrived home that evening, waiting for me in the mailbox was a new set of coupons from the Limited. Seems like a sign, huh? You can see the outcome!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

arg! I hate it when my blacks don't match! When I try to do all-black outfits it's because I'm trying to be easy, sophisticated, and classy. But when my blacks don't match it's none of those things! I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out, though.

Tracey said...

love this! it's so very "First Lady"!
and a black is a black is a black.. it's still a neutral no matter what the shade it is.. don't sweat it! :)

Ally said...

Cute! I was just going to say what Trae did...you look like you're channeling your future calling!!

KT said...

I love red/black/white. It always looks so well put together. And pearls. Who can argue with such a classic?

Toni said...

I want this!!! When does Shop Leslie at Home open???

Anonymous said...

Love that cardi and with the pop of red shoes - yummy! Lookin' good, lady.