Friday, August 15, 2008

I just saw the cutest dressed girl walking downtown....


Ruffled Blue/White Stripe Wrap Top: The Limited

Belt: CAbi

Chino Skirt: J Crew

Red Shoes: Diba

I got back from an afternoon of meetings today and saw an email from Tracey entitled "I saw the cutest dressed girl walking downtown today." I was thinking "Ooh, Tracey must have a great outfit idea for us!"

So I open the email and she says she first noticed the large straw bag the girl was carrying, then thought her outfit was cute as well. Then she looked up at the girl's face-- and it was ME!! Of course I was be-bopping down the street in my own little world and didn't even notice the cars sitting at the stop lights so I didn't even see her. But Tracey, you totally made my day!! Thanks!

I'm feeling pretty bleary eyed because I literally took a nap to go to work today. Yes, I call 4 hours of sleep a nap, not an evening's sleep. I only got 4 hours sleep because I stayed up and watched the entire Women's All Around competition--and was totally pumped that Nastia won gold!!!! (And yea for Shawn too with the silver!). As such, I went ahead and added the red shoes instead of the planned brown pumps to today's outfit--to once again complete the Olympic Challenge in our gymnasts honor. Congrats girls! And their fabulous red, white and blue starred leotards that they wore for the team competition were pretty fashionable as well.

This may be my last Olympic Challenge outfit--unless Michael Phelps wins all 8 golds. And if so, I promise one more outfit in his honor!

Spiragirl, ohthatgirl, Kimberly and Maddy all participated in the challenge today as well! I'm telling you, I think all of our Olympic spirit is making the difference in the medal count. It all comes back to the clothes, you know?!?!? :-)

5 comments:

KT said...

Wow! How nice was that? You do look really cute in this outfit, in any downtown!

Leslie said...

It was so nice--such a nice surprise and feeling--she made my day!

Jamie said...

Super cute outfit girl! I love that story!

ohthatgirl said...

Great outfit!

I willed myself to stay up to cheer on Nastia and Shawn last night as well. I would have kicked myself had I missed something "live".

Tracey said...

awww.. I'm glad I could make you day! You were struttin it down that side walk, work it girl! ;)