Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wednesday -- Ally

With a weather forecast of 95 degrees and at least that much humidity, I had to devise a way to wear as little as possible without getting fired for showing up to work in a tshirt and undies.

This dress is the next best thing to arriving in various states of undress.

Dress: NY&Co($7.99 clearance)

Tank: H&M ($6)

Belt: Target ($3.24)

Necklace: wooden, Walmart

Shoes: Frye ($20 or so via zappos outlet)









Cheap and it does it job. Nothing to write home about or worth paying full price for. Glad it was only $3.









These shoes and I have a torrid past. I've had them for a couple of years and today marks the second time I've ever worn them and will probably be the last if they don't stop trying to kill me.

First of all, I'm clumsy. I trip, I fall, I stumble. This is a regular thing for me and for the most part, I'm pretty good at recovering and catching myself before I shed blood.




I wasn't so lucky today. I'd made it alllll day without tripping or anything. However, the toe area of these shoes is a little wider than I need so my foot slides deep into them. The back strap slides off my skinny heel and it makes it a little tricky to keep your gait.

Leaving work I had a Frutista freeze in one hand, my purse, phone and a book in the other. Then I tried to walk. I already had too much going on but then I had to walk...*sigh* Of course I fell. I skinned the hell out of my knee and WOW does it hurt. It's all swollen and scraped and bloody.

Nurse Al learned just what kind of patient I am today...a very bad one. When he finally poured peroxide over my knee (my bright idea) I howlled and squalled and hollered so much I'm sure the neighbors thought we were skinning cats.

I'd post a picture, but some of you might be eating so I'll spare you.

Here's hoping tomorrow goes better!

6 comments:

Pearly said...

Very cute. I feel your pain when it comes to being a klutz-o-rama. Someday I will tell you the story of falling in the parking lot (before work) and ripping a hole in the knee of my pant. Not to mention all of the people who tried to "help" me b/c they saw me bite the dust.

Jamie said...

Oh good lord girl! If it makes you fell any better, my nickname growing up was "Grace" - due to my mad skills of falling UP the stairs. And yes, down too. Walls, random objects like mailboxes. Nothing was safe.

Ally said...

Thanks, girls. I've been called Grace a time or two before...

I'm especially bad at going up stairs for whatever reason. Then again, I did fall DOWN our stairs a few years back and jacked up my back and tailbone.

Tiff - Did they laugh before they helped?

Audi said...

Get yourself some Foot Petals and cut them to size for the toe-ends of the shoes. They're thin enough to put in the end of the shoes and will help your feet not to slip. You can get the thin strappy ones for the back straps too. Those shoes are way too cute not to wear, and you need to keep yourself injury-free! By the way I'm a klutz too -- although I've never fallen UP stairs unless I was really, really drunk...

Leslie said...

Multiple comments coming here:

#1--How fabulous are frutista freezes??? Im so grateful for KT for introducing me to them!

#2- I have so fallen UP stairs myself. Im usually in pants tripping over the wide leg or cuff, but I have done it. Far too many times to admit.

#3- I'll be honest with you like you are me (cause we all know this is a brutally honest blog!!)--I know what you are going after here belting the dress--but the way the line is on this dress, when you put the belt over it like you have to, it looks like a maternity dress. Its the belt going UP as opposed to even around your body that gives that look. And unless we havent had a serious conversation yet, you are oh so not pregnant. I love belting and you look so cute with items belted since you actually have a waist and all--but I have to say, I just dont think this dress is meant to be belted.

If you want to belt, maybe a cardigan or jacket with the belt over top or even the jacket open with the belt underneath--you have a bit more flexibility to not have the belt on the line that way. I have a similar issue with my black dress I'm fighting because I want to wear the studded belt but the lines just don't work for it.

Just being honest. Dont think that it works this way, darlin--although you are oh so comfortable so that has to count for something!!!!

Just one opinion- take it for what it's worth!

Ally said...

Audi - Tracey has sung the praises of Foot Petals...but I've never sprung for them. It may be worth it though.

Les - I don't disagree. The dress has an elastic waist but it's not at my waist and not under the bust - it's in a weird spot. It would definitely look better with a cardi or something over it, but it was just too hot so I went with the weird belt :)

Oh and so not knocked up -- eew! Imagine Maddy's disapproval???!!!

And I never take your opinions the wrong way -- I've sat in the floor of many fitting rooms telling you how fat something makes you. That's true friendship :)