Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thursday -- Ally

What a crap week. I left work early today b/c now, on top of the banged up knee, I'm sicker than a dog. I blame the guys at work - they've been sick for a week!

Top: NY&Co. ($7.99)

Skirt: NY&Co. (&7.99)

Necklace: gift

Shoes: Stuart Weitzman (via Zappos.com outlet, natch)

*Fortunately I'm short enough most of my skirts cover my banged up knee!





When Tracey and I went to NY&Co a few months ago I tried on this outfit (with a pink top instead) but when I asked myself (and T) if it was "$70 worth of cute" we both decided it wasn't and I moved along.

Imagine my surprise when both pieces were on super clearance for $16 total? Silk-cotton blends rank highly with me and at those prices, who can resist?

No close up of the necklace - next time I wear it I will remember! My parents took a motorcycle trip up to Brown County, Indiana a year or so back and Mama picked this out for me. It's handmade and all shades of pink. It's soooo pretty.

By the time I got home, I was just way too sick and was in a granny nightgown (or muu muu, Meg!) and on the couch with a box of tissues and a snuggly doggie in record time.

The bright side of it all is my half-day allowed me to read a book KT recommended: Michael Tonello's Bringing Home the Birkin. It's a very easy read and I enjoyed it. I'm glad I didn't buy it (we all know how cheap I am) but definitely get it from your library!

9 comments:

KT said...

Feel better! Did you like the book? I liked it a lot. And I can vouch for Brown County, it is so nice. I'm glad you got a nice souvenir!

Ally said...

Thanks!!

I did like it - it was cute and fun :)

Michael Tonello said...

thanks for writing about my book.
be well!
michael tonello~

Ally said...

Wow - thanks for commenting! Google alerts are a marvel, huh?

:)

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

thanks for visiting my blog!

i love ny&co! they have the cutest things ever for such an amazing price! =]

Anonymous said...

Pookie bear - feel better! I need a sick day (without being sick) so I can read the fun books I got from Amazon today.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I had no clue about Google Alerts until just now. That must have been how Richard Chai found my blog. I am amazed by the internet every day!

Ally said...

Richard Chai commented? WOW! That's so cool!!

Life's a Wardrobe said...

Nice skirt!