Saturday, August 2, 2008

My new hair! -- Leslie





Well, I chopped my hair off today!!! You may not think it was that much, but trust me, it was a lot more than you think--especially considering my hair before was the longest I'd ever had in my life! About 2 inches off the length--but a ton off the top! I'm quite pleased though--it's still big hair, it holds shape, has cute bangs and I think is actually far more of a "younger" cut with being kinda shaggy on the sides and back.

Author Diana Peterfreund was my inspiration. I was reading her new novel (her Secret Society Girl series are my chick lit weakness--great stories, love hearing about secret societies, fun yet oddly gripping storylines and quick reads--all things I like. I highly recommend you check them out if you have not!) and saw her picture in the back of the book and thought "That's what I need to do!" I took the picture and showed my hairdresser today and she absolutely agreed--so there you go.

She also made some comment about me needing to strongly consider being a redhead....that it would totally make my face pop. I just don't think I can do it.

Anyhow, there you go. Many thanks to everyone for your support in my fashion crisis. I cannot tell you how much of a kick it gave me to see that our most commented post ever was on my hair!!! Of course many of those were my sister who proclaimed "her passion about my hair" to the entire blogesphere--multiple times. :-)

15 comments:

Tara Wasson said...

Love it!!!!

Fashion in the Sky said...

It looks so cute!
-Barbie

KT said...

Love it!
I agree with the red. A nice deep mahogany type.
So cute on you!

Jamie said...

Way cute!

Kelly said...

It looks great! I totally think you should try red - at least try some red highlights or something!

Anonymous said...

Love it love it love it! You look fab, I agree red would look great on you.

Pearly said...

LOVES IT

Diana Peterfreund said...

I love it too. You look like your hair has some natural curl (which mine, sadly, does not), so it probably works even better for you.

Thanks for reading!

E said...

Aw, Honey, I love it!! The shaggy sides give you a great look!

And YES. Join us sassy Redheads! I agree with KT on the deep mahogany shade!

tooblonde1 said...

You look great - very Lisa Rinna. Funny how hairstylists always want to make us red. p.s. thanks for the Dillards sale tip - I got some terrific deals!

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic! Seriously, this makes me want to run out and chop my hair off. I am jealous of those that have a "style" whereas mine just kind of hangs there.

Also, glad you mentioned the author/books. I am always up for new chick lit!

SHOEGAL said...

Your new hair looks amazing! Love it!

Toni said...

LOVE the haircute!!!

I, on the other hand, want you to make it lighter. You are way white with that dark hair!

Audi said...

It looks great, Leslie! Bravo to your stylist. And yeah, put a little red in there!

Kasmira said...

You look great! I agree that the new cut is more youthful. Maybe you should try red highlights. ;)