Friday, August 1, 2008

One of my favorites outfits -- Leslie


Orange Cami: The Limited

Teal Top: The Limited

Pencil Skirt: Express

Orange Pumps: Schutz

It's funny what you learn about figure flattery when you start taking pictures of yourself every day.

For instance, I've learned that nothing is more slimming on me than a pencil skirt. Or a skirt in general. This is great news for the summer since I practically live in skirts during warm months. However, it is worrisome for the cold months of the year where people start to wonder if I have legs because I wear pants so much (cause really, who wants to slosh through the snow or 10 degree weather in a skirt and heels?). May have to rock the tall boots and/or tights more this year seeing the photo results.

I took a picture earlier this week and didn't even post it, it was so bad. Turns out I discovered that if I'm going to wear pants, they must be wide or flare. Nothing mildly straight or tapered works. Needless to say, if I could have seen the future and known I would have been riding the elevator with Cute Doctor that morning, I so would have not been wearing the pants and so would have been wearing this outfit instead. :-) Anyhow, I digress.

I would encourage anyone who isn't a blogger to take photos of yourself for a few weeks. It's amazing what you learn about dressing for your figure when it's not just you and your mirror!

11 comments:

Toni said...

I like this! That top hits you at the right place and I dig the orange pumps.

KT said...

So cute! It just hit me today- you look like Jennifer Garner. Maybe you could go back and look at some of her old hairstyles?

Ally said...

Love it! I like that color teal on you :)

Fashion in the Sky said...

I love your shoes!
I like what you wrote about pictures helping you see what looks good on you, etc...another reason I'm excited to get the ball rolling with my blog! :D
-Barbie

Kelly said...

I love your orange heels!

Jane said...

I agree with you about the pictures. I have learned so much more about what shapes suit me (and which don't).
Love your look today.

tooblonde1 said...

You are so right about the photos of yourself! I have found the same to be true for me. weird how things look different simply in the mirror, huh? I love the orange and teal combo - great!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, Leslie. It is amazing how much more accurate pics are then just your reflection in the mirror. You look great! Can't wait to see what your hair looks like after your appointment tomorrow!

Jamie said...

I agree, this works so well for you! Cant wait to see your hair!

Tracey said...

Love the orange and teal together, I don't think I would have ever thought of that combo... it really works!

E said...

You're wearing my favorite color combination!! I love the orange pumps, too!

Skirt, tights/leggings, and tall boots is my favorite uniform in the cooler months!

And seriously, your "new" hair looks fabulous.