Friday, August 22, 2008

Femininity Meets Men's Wear



Vest, Ruffled Wrap Top and Pencil Skirt: The Limited

Shoes: BCBG Girls

I think my favorite way to incorporate the men's wear trend is with ultra feminine components. You can't get more feminine than ruffles and a sleek pencil skirt to show off feminine curves. The main objective today was something that would look equally cute with a pair of jeans--I hosted Book Club and had just literally 5 minutes to change after work before everyone showed up so I wanted to simply take off the skirt and heels and throw on jeans and wedges and still look cute to host. I think this fit the bill!

(Side note, our book was Basic Black by Cathie Black-- a easy, conversational read from the head of Hearst magazines who offers her advice on getting ahead in business and in life--a must read for those in the early stages of their career in particular in my opinion...)

I also like seeing the stripes paired next to the subtle plaid. A year ago, I never would have put any type of print under this vest, feeling like if I had a print on the vest, I must have a solid shirt. The stripes add so much more and I'm glad I'm feeling more and more comfortable with mixing those prints. If only I could work up to florals and stripes--still not there yet!

On a Blogger Challenge note, I'm thrilled to see that so many people are enjoying the challenge and are excited to see it carry on! The Queen of Pattern Mixing herself, Miss Audi, completed the Olympic Challenge today--love the polka dots mixed with plaid!! I hope to have an eye that good one day!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

OMG...I'm wearing the exact same shirt and vest today! :) LOL

KT said...

This looks darling on you!

E said...

The plaid and stripes are perfect! Feminine menswear is one of my favorites as well.

Toni said...

Not my favorite Leslie. Don't love this color combo or something. Styles don't mix and work for me. I like a lot of your other outfits better!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Found you today via KT and love the blog. Go look on my blog at my post from today--I love menswear too! Your outfit is cute and feminine. Love it! Karen