Friday, August 29, 2008

Speaking of First Ladies...and Second Ladies...


I watched live the announcement today of Sarah Palin as John McCain's running mate. I had read that she was a former 1st runner-up to Miss Alaska so I expected a fashion forward look.

When she came out in a black suit, I was a tad disappointed but understood--it's the "conservative" party, she's being announced as a VP candidate...so black is safe. It was a great cut suit, with a pencil skirt that showed a feminine shape. So I shrugged and thought "ok, that works."

Then later this evening, I'm looking at other photos and I see her shoes--red patent leather heels! Love it!! A flash of edge to the conservative look. And oh my she wasn't wearing pantyhose. The news just keeps getting better.

Regardless of which party you're for, it's an exciting year to be a female and see women show that you can be powerful and feminine!

8 comments:

Ally said...

With as impressed as you were with Michelle Obama's look last night, I'm surprised you didn't post about her too...This blog isn't red or blue ;)

We're equal opportunity bloggers!

Leslie said...

it wasnt personal--i blogged about sarah because her shoes surprised me--thats what made me take notice. i expected michelle to be fabulous!! so when I saw the pics of her, I just wasnt surprised like i was with the red shoes.

plus, michelle isnt on the ticket. i need to blog about hillary's orange which i loved!

KT said...

I have to admit to noticing the red peep toe heels, but I also noticed her well put together french pedicure. For some reason she reminds me of Sally Field, one of America's Sweethearts.

Jamie said...

I really enjoyed her shoes!

Toni said...

No one. NO ONE wears orange on national television. Wowsie. Overpowering in my opinion.

Ally said...

That orange suit was killer and HRC looked great in it. The orange of the suit coupled with the blue background were a good match.

Leslie said...

I agree, I liked the orange suit. I wouldnt necessarily like it by itsself- but I thought it looked fabulous against that cobalt blue background.

Ally said...

That's what I thought too - by itself it's loud, but with the blue it's great.

She looks really pretty in blue but it just wouldn't have looked right. A coral would have looked nice, but might have "turned" on camera and looked wonky.