Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ode to Huggable Hangers -- Leslie

Closet Before













Closet After













I broke down last weekend and ordered off of a home shopping network for the first time. I was afraid if I started, I may never stop, so I resisted for years. Huggable Hangers are what broke me down.

I should start by saying I have a VERY large closet--you can't see a lot, but on one side I have a large shelf of handbags and then have my chest on the other side (It was crowding the bedroom and fit in the closet-that's where I get ready anyway so why not??). I am able to stand in there with plenty of room to circle around, get dressed, spread out some different outfit options to choose from--needless to say, I enjoy my closet size a lot! Anyhow....

My before and after pictures are pretty misleading--because if you look closely in the after, I have added a ton more clothes! They gave me so much extra room that I went ahead and pulled all my fall jackets, skirts and pants from my spare closet to my closet. Before I did that, I had about a third of the top level and a 1/4 of the bottom level with extra room that I didn't have before. I actually also hung up all of my loungewear, just because I had room and could and that way, I had more room for my shirts to hang down straight (since they were previously folded on the shelf underneath and kept some things from having enough room to hang down). I also gave each pair of pants their own hanger--previously I had 2-3 pair on each hanger.

My family may think I'm crazy for purchasing hangers--but they have given me more room, look more organized, and keep my clothes from falling off. Plus, I expect they'll last forever. I'm quite pleased with my new purchase. Yea for Huggable Hangers!

10 comments:

KT said...

Looks great! Aren't those hangers the best? And HELLO! Do you have enough to wear???
FYI- My closet is about 2 feet wide and 4 feet deep. I am so jealous when I see great big cloests!

Ally said...

I looove my hangers too! Your closet looks great :)

You should try hanging everything up "backwards" and then after you wear it hang it the right way. That way, you'll be able to visually see what you wear and what you don't. After 6 months if it's in season and still backwards, it goes.

Did you try the clippies? I saw you weren't using the new hangers on those...if you don't like the ones from HSN, try the ones at BB&B - T didn't like hers but mine are different and I love them and they hold up quite a lot.

Good work!!! :)

Jamie said...

I also have some of these hangers, they are wonderful! Looks good bud!

gems4me said...

Love your blog. I was googling CABI clothing when I came across it.

I too converted to HH and they are the best. I gave them to my daughter for Christmas last year and she turned up her nose. She called me about a month later and said she started using them and wanted more.

A side question about CABI clothing. I saw a sweater on Ebay but it looks tiny. How do their sizes run? I am a med in J Crew.

Thanks

gems4me said...

I have read on different message boards that people have found so much extra room using HH that they started adding more clothes and the rods got heavy and fell.

Leslie said...

KT--my mother reads this blog. Dont give her any ammunition about my amount of clothing!! But in my defense, I have been the same size for years and buy a lot of classic items that last a long time.

gems4me- I find that CAbi runs pretty true to size (or occasionally very slightly large). If you can tell me the sweater you're looking at, I've probably seen it in person and can probably tell you how it ran (Ive been going to parties a couple years). But overall, tops/jackets are true to size so when in doubt, I'd tell you to order the medium and it should be good!

gems4me said...

I have never seen these clothes in person. I love printed cardigans and have quite a collection. I thought these looked nice.

Where do you buy this clothing?

Cabbage Rose

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260268077822&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016


Butterfly Sweater

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310072049102&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=021

Vintage, This one looks small

http://cgi.ebay.com/CAbi-Vintage-Cardigan-Spring-08-2008-NWT-Size-M-8-10_W0QQitemZ130243510092QQihZ003QQcategoryZ63866QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Leslie said...

Youll want the medium on the top and bottom links I believe--my sister has the top one and is about my size and the medium is perfect. The bottom one is more of a shrunken look but a medium should be fine for you.

The butterfly you could be able to potentially wear a small but the medium should be fine. It's cut like my bird cardigan which is a medium--I could maybe wear a small but I'm glad I got the medium because it buttons well and if I want it a tad more fitted, I cinch with a belt so I have multiple options.

As far as where to find it, CAbi stands for Carol Anderson by Invitation and is sold exclusively in home parties. There is a fall and spring line each year. You can check out www.cabionline.com

Anonymous said...

HH are the best! I converted both my closets (unfortunately i don't have one large one like you!) over a year ago and it has been wonderful. I never knew I could love hangers so much!!

Anonymous said...

Good idea. I actually saw them advertising those hangers on QVC I think and my Aunt told me it really didn't help her (she has a small apartment in New York); but I think I'm going to try it because I had a super small closet since I live in a townhouse built in the 70s. I'm waiting for my son to finish college so I can take over his bedroom and turn it into a closet...okay!!