Monday, August 18, 2008

Gold Medal Monday - Ally

What a weekend! Surely you didn't miss Saturday night's swimming final when Phelps won his 8th gold medal...wow. It was so exciting! I was at a local restaurant with some girlfriends and the whole place went nuts when he won. I managed not to cry along with his family and that's saying something because I usually cry right along with the Olympians and their families.

I've publicly denounced Leslie's Olympic Blog Challenge due to my not dressing in "themes" and because I don't wear white (it's horrid on me!). However, seeing as how I've stared at the swimmers' torsos to wantonly, I suppose it's only fair to play along. *sigh* I sure am going to miss those half naked, wet bodies...four more years, right?

Dress: Mossimo (E has it too!)

Belt: Walmart

Shoes: Target














Al told me my dress looked purple this morning. Seeing as how he's The Laundry Master, it's his fault it's a different hue, no? I'm not sure why it looks purpleish but it sorta does. Oh well.


I've had these shoes for several years and I LOVE THEM. They match everything, they're comfortable and they're cute.

They're also gold, silver, and bronze. How appropriate. :)

I would have worn some Phelpesian Gold shoes, but my gold flats hurt a LOT and I just can't spend a day at work with sore feets!



And now, ladies, for your viewing pleasure...some Monday Morning Manjoyment:

Feel free to clicky on the pics to make them bigger. You know, so you can, uh...appreciate athletic sporting events. Yeah. It's cultural and stuff.

I know. You're welcome ;)

12 comments:

Leah said...

Yes, I will also miss those bodies... uh, I mean swimmers....
Thanks for the Monday morning manjoyment =)

Leah
(makeitfabulous.blogspot.com

Elise said...

I know you don't like themes...but could you possibly make Monday Morning Manjoyment a theme on your posts? I certainly enjoy them ;-)
//(*_*)\\

Ally said...

Monday Morning Manjoyment is a theme I could stick to!

Kelly said...

"Monday Morning Manjoyment"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Whew. That was good. I'm not really sure I'm allowed to look at the Monday Morning Manjoyment, though, because I'm a horrible American and didn't watch Phelps win on Saturday

Jamie said...

Oh good lord Al! That was beautiful! Thank you!

KT said...

That's mantastic! I told my teenage daughter I was going to start a Hot Dudes I Have Seen blog so I could get away with taking pictures of hot random dudes. Serisouly, how how did I wind up with a teenage daughter? I can barely raise myself in an appropriate way!

E said...

Hi Pretty Lady! I like your dress :)

So I guess I might be the only chick who thinks Phelps needs some body fat on him? He's literally a live model for the anatomy of the muscular system! Yikes!

Tracey said...

I think they need to do a 4 man relay at my house. Oops. Did I just say that out loud? *grin*

That dress looks fab on you! You look super skinny. I gotta get me one of those dresses!!

Leslie said...

Multiple comments: Oh I am mourning the loss of swimming. Yummy. Can you find me a picture of Aaron Peirsol please???? :-)

#2: Adorable dress and belt. Does your skin count for white? :-)

#3: LOVE the gold, silver and bronze shoes--so appropriate!!!

You look fabulous! Now it wasn't that hard was it???

Ally said...

KT - I know how you ended up with a teenager! I saw your rack on Kimberly's blog!

E - A little body fat wouldn't kill Phelps in a non-Olympic year but he had a goal. Maybe he'll puff up over the holidays?

Trae - I keep trying to convince Al to take up swimming, but so far, no dice. Can I come to your house?? And thanks! They're not online anymore but maybe in the store?

Les - There aren't many AP pics. I googled the hell out of him to no avail. I tried, kitten.

And yes! My skin is the white - I meant to put that in the blog but I sorta got distracted ;)

Tara Wasson said...

I like your outfit, but I loved the pics of the swimmer boys. Thanks for that!!

KT said...

Tracey- I just saw your comment you naughty, dirty girl.
P.S. The bouys (get my aqua joke?) will be at your house after they finish at mine...