Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday -- Ally

Today was an early morning for me. Had a longish meeting that started earlier than I normally start my day and I picked up donuts for everyone on my way there. If I have to get up early, I'm going to need some sugar too!

I usually take my pictures in the morning while I'm still freshly caffeinated and not wrinkled, but not so lucky today. You'll have to excuse the wrinkles in the satin top.

Cardi: NY&Co. ($30)

Pleated satin tank: NY&Co. ($15-18 - I forget!)

Skirt: Banana Republic ($15!!!)

Shoes: Payless

Belt: NY&Co. ($14)



























This color combo went so well last time, I just had to try it again. It's definitely my new favorite!

The belt, while cute, was a real annoyance and came off after lunch (Who had too much to eat at Big Boy? haha). It actually looked just as good without it. Whew!













<--- Wrinkles. :(







These shoes are really hurty. :( They're great when sitting or if you stand for a second. But if you walk anywhere OMG. I think I was just in shoe-lust at Payless and didn't feel the pain. Ahh well. You live and you learn.

For those who wonder, they're not silver in person like they are in the photo or on the website. They really are a nice pewter color.





Funny aside for the day: I am still carrying that raspberry patent bag from the weekend. As we were leaving Big Boy, the girl checking us out looked at me and said in the most stoned voice ever, "Woah...your belt and purse...match...." I agreed with her and she then said, "It's like...you meant to do that..."

*sigh*

17 comments:

E said...

Hot Damn, you're pretty!! I do love this color combination, and I love it even more on you!

I LOLd at your Stoner-Girl story. Here's mine:
While shopping at the Mall of America with my rad pal, Dani, we were practically accosted by this girl who came running out of a Zumies-esque store, yelling at me "Where did you get your dress?! I MEAN REALLY." So I calmly told her where, and she dragged us into her hellish store where she proceeded to tell us that she didn't take her Ritalin because she didn't want to and that the kids she was nannying earlier in the day pissed her off so much that she instead fed her medication to them, crushed up in pudding cups. ...I have never been more scared in my life.

xoxo

Leslie said...

This looks adorable on you! I'm still trying to get over my negative perception of pink and green from the college days but love it on other people :-) And that belt is FABULOUS!

Ally said...

Aww thanks, sunshine! I love love these colors together and can't WAIT for fall!

She drugged kids in pudding cups?? I thought my day care experience was bad! Holy crap!

Ally said...

Oh Leslie...it's okay. I still want to gut stuffed pandas when I see 'em. hahaha

The belt is even more fab when it's not all covered up or stuffed in my purse. A certain gal we know *cough*Tracey*cough* got one too :)

ohthatgirl said...

LMAO @ the Stoner Girl! *died*

I really, really love this outfit and this combo. I don't (and your purse) I don't think I own anything in either color...but I definitely should. ;O)

Ally said...

OTG - Yes! Raspberry would look SOOOO pretty on you. Get thee to the mall stat!

ohthatgirl said...

First, I must get thee a j-o-b! ;O)

Ally said...

You're so difficult.

Jamie said...

Girl if you find a J-O-B, let me know. I miss shopping like its my job :(

Kelly said...

Those colors look AWESOME on together and on you!

Pearly said...

Hotness! Although I refuse to color combo pink and green you look hot! (ask Leslie why, I might be slightly crazy)

Pearly said...

Ok, now I just read Leslie's comment. I don't wear pink and green for the same reason. It reminds me of table dancing and promiscuity! oh yes, i just said promiscuity (although I can't spell it)

Anonymous said...

That is a fabulous color combo, and not one I've ever tried. Hmmmm. Scheming ....

KT said...

Well, I was going to comment on liking your outfit but now I am scared shitless for my daughter who is sitting at daycare right now. So here is MY stoner girl story:
A couple came in to inquire about an apartment and asked for the pricing. The leasing consultant said "$580-$610" The couple said "What's the difference?" The leasing consultant said "$30.00"
The look on their faces was priceless as was mine but I was so shocked that she could do the math that quickly! (You had to know her) Sad thing is that she worked for me! This is also a girl who once asked me while doing a demographic report "Is Utah out of state?"

Ally said...

Thanks, ladies!

KT - Just tell her to stay away from the pudding cups. She'll be fine.

Don't people ask the most ridiculous questions when it comes to apartments? They'll ask and do things I never dreamed someone would ask or even care to know.

Anonymous said...

I really, really love this color combo.

Anonymous said...

I love the fuschia and green in this outfit. Super cute.