Monday, August 18, 2008

Flashback to the 80's - My Poison Concert Experience





"Ain't Nothin but a Good Time" - Have you ever gone somewhere where you are more entertained by the people in the crowd rather than the actual event you are attending? Well that was my experience Saturday night at the Poison Concert - Mullets, bad makeup, ratted old concert shirts, the second-hand "smoke", and relentless cries of "WAHOOO! and YEEEEAAAHHH ROCK ON!" and that was just the women! The ranges of ages is what made laugh the hardest. I saw actual children there, teenagers, all the way up to people that I am sure were at the original Poison Concert 22 years ago.


Well to truly feel a part of the experience, my friend Dana and I decided that yes we too will contribute to the evening. The pictures really do not do my hair and make up justice but you get the idea. As Leslie knows, I really like big hair normally but this was a true feet. I got the top of my ponytail to make me at least 3 inches taller than I am. I also busted out the bright pink blush and lipstick. Regardless, it was a great time and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I have also posted a picture of some of the guys we were with, they went all out. Hilarious! And my boy Bret, adorable as ever in his tight jean, botoxed, hair extensioned way! My only disappointment for the evening is that these guys have to be getting old because we left the concert at 10:30, yes you read that right 10:30. I just imagined it was their bed time :)


Have a wonderful day fashionistas! MUAH!

6 comments:

Tracey said...

you are so stinkin cute!! even with 80's hair and makeup :)

Louella said...

Love the hair, Jamie!

Leslie said...

Hysterical!!!! I know the people watching was the best part!

Ally said...

You make for a hot blonde, J!

KT said...

Rad.

Toni said...

This is scary:-)