Friday, August 8, 2008

A Blog Challenge

In honor of the Olympics beginning today, I challenge all the Cute on the Cheap gals (and anyone else who wants to participate--come on, take the challenge!!) to show their USA spirit sometime in the next two weeks.

The challenge: wear red, white and blue together in an outfit.

It can so be done and look cute--without looking like it's the 4th of July. To give you an idea, one of my co-workers yesterday was wearing a blue and white print wrap dress with red pumps. It was adorable and would suffice for the challenge. And I am willing to accept navy for blue.

Plus, this is good practice for me - I have to think of a great Red, White and Blue outfit to wear to the Ryder Cup next month!

* I should edit the post and say that for any of our friends reading us in other countries, you can most certainly amend the challenge to be your country's colors!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I might have to join in with this one, Red, white and blue works for GB too :-)

ohthatgirl said...

Count me in! :O)

KT said...

I always rise to a challenge!

Jane said...

I wore my stars and stripes yesterday even thought I'm English. However, red, white and blue are also the colours of the British flag, the Union jack, too. I will rise to your challenge on Monday!

Jamie said...

Oh good lord. Jamie in a Red, White & Blue combo looks like a walking 4th of July picnic decoration. I bet you all will look absolutely adorable but this is one challenge that I will bow out gracefully.