Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thursday -- Leslie


Cardigan: CAbi

Yellow Tee: Mossimo

Skirt: The Limited

Neckerchief: The Limited

Shoes: Nine West


I've worn this look before-- just switched up the accent color this week from red to yellow and added the polka-dot neckerchief for an extra pattern and girly look.

Looking extra girly today was important. Because I had my hair color done last night. And I'm feeling a bit goth today. And you all know I'm so not goth. They swear its the same color as last fall and my color had just faded that much over spring and summer--but I'm still having some shock value. Maybe I need to wash with my non-color-conserve shampoo to strip a tad of color. Simmer it down a bit, you know? (For the record, I havent seen my real color since I was 12--up until 3 years ago I had HEAVY blonde highlighting and light hair and then I went back a medium, warm brown closer to my natural color, just a prettier shade since my true color is mousy brown).

I had lunch with our friend Kim today who's reaction was "Well yes, it's quite dark". However, we decided (along with Ally and Jamie who I happened to be emailing with just before lunch) that I needed more makeup--that my normal routine wasn't going to cut it with a darker color. So Kim and I huddled in a bathroom in an office building where our deli was located where I then used my deep plum colored lipstick (Benefit's Guilt Free just in case you're interested) to create blush. It was dicey and involved looking a bit like Santa with rosy cheeks for a second and then scrubbing off with a paper towel but 5 minutes after we set out on the mission, I left the bathroom with prettily flushed cheeks--and looked less pale, sickly and goth as well (or at least so I felt). Yea for makeup improvising!!

8 comments:

KT said...

We-ellll, yes it does look a touch dark but I bet it will fade a bit soon. It does look very nice though. And as always, I love the bird cardigan.

Ally said...

It's dark, but I like it. We've talked about this a hundred times but the highlights you used to have looked ashy and aged you 10 years.

I think some golden, caramel highlights would be pretty on you, but the upkeep is such a pain in the ass.

Anonymous said...

I like the darker hair. It's nice.

And I adore this outfit paired with the yellow shoes.

Kelly said...

I had the same feelings after I got my hair dyed a few months ago, but I actually really like it now and wouldn't change my color for anything!

I love that bird cardi, by the way

Audi said...

I love the darker hair, and don't worry, the intensity will tone down in a few days. This is a great outfit -- I love the red bangle as a little accent!

Ally said...

I just got off the phone with Kim and she told me the rest of the story - you dropping your lipstick, the one-seater bathroom, the lady wanting in...it's just too funny!

Pearly said...

Pretty

Anonymous said...

I totally understand what you mean about looking goth. When I first darkened my hair I felt the same way. In fact, I need to redo it, but don't want to look "goth" for interviews so I am just plucking a few "non-brown" hairs in the meantime!
I love the birds with the polka dot. Seriously, I want that cardi1