Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Showing some Olympic spirit!










RED Cardigan: The Limited

WHITE Cami: The Limited

BLUE Belt: Forever 21

Skirt: J Crew

Shoes: MIA






WHITE button down: Bitten

RED bangle: Forever 21

BLUE jeans: CAbi

RED Shoes: Diba

Belt: CAbi














Got so mad at the Chinese cutting off the national anthem on Michael Phelps' medal ceremony (on the word "free" at that) Saturday evening that I had to answer my Olympic Challenge twice. I'm just glad I didn't agree to dress in red, white and blue for the number of days of gold medals Michael Phelps wins!

Decided to wear some of my favorite "outfit" shoes to accomplish the challenge--they themselves meet the criteria. I threw on the red cardigan and khaki shirt this morning. And decided if I was going to be flaming USA, I may as well go all out so threw on the blue belt.

I went for a far more subtle look on Saturday evening when I went to movie, dinner and drinks with Jamie and some of our other friends. It was a gorgeous evening and we sat outside on the patio for almost 4 hours just talking and laughing. I only live 90 minutes from my Northern Kentucky friends--but still don't see them far enough so it was wonderful to get some true quality time.

I'm not the only one wearing red, white and blue this week showing their Olympic spirit! Kelly showed off her USA spirit and our favorite Shoegal and WorkthatWardrobe girls showed off their Great Britain spirit! Thanks for participating--it's not too late for the rest of you!!

2 comments:

KT said...

Those shoes make me feel very patriotic and envious.

Kelly said...

I especially love the first shoes, they're too cute!