Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday -- Ally

Happy Friday, y'all!! Just like last week, this short week seemed to go on forever. The weather is supposed to be great this weekend (no Ike winds!!) and we're going to the Kentucky Bourbon Festival in Bardstown, KY on Saturday.

Today I tried something new - I mixed two patterns that don't "go" together. I think it was subtle enough to not bug me and I even got a compliment on the look.

Dress: JCP

Pink silk dress (visible at bottom): Old Navy (link is the same dress, but a different pattern)

Belt: NY&Co

Flats: Sam Edelman (via Zappos outlet)








This dress buttons all the way down and really needs something under it to keep from being too "open" at the bottom. I had picked up this shirt dress from JCP several months ago for $12 and the pink/white dress came from Old Navy (during the Ike storm!) for $10. The pink dress is clearly a summer dress and WAY more revealing (and frankly unflattering) than what I'm comfortable wearing.

Kinda cute, huh? I unbuttoned the bottom button of the dress so you could see the pink dress a little more.









Notice anything different about this post? Maybe the picture quality is better? Maybe you're right! As I mentioned some time ago, my camera (my really really nice camera) was stolen and I've made do with my cell phone since. However, seeing as how I'm a spoiled brat, Mama and Daddy surprised me with a new one earlier this week!

Not only did they replace my old one, but it's the "upgraded" model too - swanky!! I'll be the first to admit I'm spoiled rotten. I got a lot of crap for being an only child when I was younger, but the serious spoiling didn't begin until I was too old to ruin. :) You know, like now. Thanks for the new camera and I promise not to ask for money, get knocked up, or develop a drug addiction. :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I <3 the pattern mixing big time! So cute and I think it looks great since you tied the pinks tones in with the belt. Yeah for the new camera. It takes great pics!

Leslie said...

This is adorable! Love the dress under a dress look!

PS- Nothing wrong with being spoiled.

Anonymous said...

Great choices for pattern mixing, lady. I love pink and black, and these just compliment each other perfectly! Bless the 'rents - they really come through sometimes, don't they?

Jamie said...

that mix looks awesome! Great job! And from one princess to another, there is nothing wrong with that! I got spoiled with health insurance today :)

Kelly said...

I love love love this print mixing! I'm going to have to try that sometime. Unfortunately the Old Navy site is down right now so I couldn't see the dress underneath - is ON trying to keep the rest of us from being cute too??

90-Dayer said...

Too cute! I'm wearing the same belt today, hehe. Mine is burgundy though. NY&Co rocks!!!

ON is having their Best Friends weekend. 20% off and Free Shipping with the code BFF. I did my ordering this morning. One of my coworkers tried to get on and couldn't either :(

Louella said...

glad you like your camera. great picture. love the look of 2 in 1.

Hillary said...

I love how you made that pink dress work for you. It looks great!

E said...

How did I miss this post!?

This outfit is delicious. I absolutely adore the pattern mixing! I also love the shirt dress/peek-a-boo effect; I think I've done that before, too! Great minds, Pretty Lady :)

Hooray for your new camera, too! But ...Is it a Nikon or a Canon ;)

Ally said...

Thanks, ladies!!!

E, it's the Canon I was eyeballing :)

Jane said...

You look fab. What a great way to use a dress that doesn't quite work alone. I love the pattern mix and the way the belt brings it all together.