Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Welcome Back Fall!


Swingy Bronze Jacket: CAbi

Ruched Cami: Mossimo

Flare Pants: The Limited

Red Patent Pumps: Pleaser

Multi-Colored Feathered Headband and Necklace: Forever 21

Welcome back Fall. It's good to see you. I've missed you the last 10 months. Don't think that now that you've arrived, that you can go back to wherever it is you come from. I expect you to stay for the next few months. Especially since I bought lots of cute new clothes in your honor this past weekend. You know I like to wear my new things the minute they arrive and I fully expect your cooperation.

Speaking of things in your honor, I put on one of my favorite coats this morning. Well, really it's a spring coat but I think the color and weight makes it multi-versatile and I've been waiting til fall to wear it again so I think that counts, don't you? I do prefer this jacket with a pant that isn't quite so flared--more a bootcut, but these were the first black ones I pulled off the hanger this morning so they'll work.

I'm channeling my inner Blair Waldorf with my feathered headband. I hope you like it. What can I say, I'm so excited that you've come to visit again, that the headband can be in your honor as well!

I rode home from work today with my sunroof open, Fall. And I have my screen door open with the breeze coming in. I'm going to forgive you for that temper tantrum that you threw this past weekend with 75 mpg wind gusts. What can I say, forgiveness is easy when you are one of the few with power.

Welcome back to Louisville, Fall. Take your coat off (or should I say "put your coat on"?) and stay awhile.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh Leslie...

How long did it take you to write a letter to Fall? I felt like I was reading poetry.

Leslie said...

not nearly as long as you think--I was on a roll when I was writing--the creative juices were flowing!

Poetry huh?

Toni said...

I think I 'm gonna cry, it's just so...so...I don't know...

It's like reading a fashion conscious Walt Whitman.

Ally said...

Is that a felt circle on the jacket? I'm confused.

KT said...

Leslie, have you ever worked for the J Peterman catalog? If not, you should.