Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sporting my Red & Black for the Blogger Challenge!


Dress: Merona

Belt: The Limited

Red Patent Pumps: Pleaser

I've been a University of Louisville fan since I was 5 and my grandmother kidnapped me for the day and took me shopping for UofL clothes. It was the beginning of a sports obsession.

The UofL t-shirt was quickly followed by a custom-made cheerleader uniform worn to all football and basketball games; endless cardinal decals that were placed at the exact angle on the cheekbone; road trips to endless conference tournaments, away games and bowl games (coolest places have been Texas A &M/College Station for a football game; Navy/Annapolis for a football game; and the FINAL FOUR in St. Louis in 2005); and an endless wardrobe of red and black!!

For my first completion of the Blogger Challenge (with all the red and black I own, I'll absolutely complete more than once!), I put on my favorite black and white print dress and patent red heels. Simple yes--but also pretty chic and cheap! This entire outfit was less than $60!

8 comments:

KT said...

Too cute!

E said...

Very pretty, Leslie

Ally said...

We need to find you another team to dress for - make it a challenge :) Some obscure team too... make you work!

Leslie said...

How about I wear my NFL team colors one day? Either the colts (blue and white) or the Bengals (orange and black)? Im willing to dress for another sports team!!!

Ally said...

There ya go! UL's colors are too easy ;)

Louella said...

love those red shoes!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I gotta second Ally, tho - you've got it easy, lady. Red and black is always chic. Hmmm, maybe I should make my team the Chicago Bulls and follow in your footsteps ...

Toni said...

I love this look on you. But I agree with Alison. Red and black is no challenge. I would suggest Cedar Grove Elementary school colors of purple and bright green!!!

Now that's a challenge.