Thursday, September 4, 2008

Intro to fall


Gray Pinstripe Pants: Banana Republic Factory Outlet

Fuschia Top: The Limited

Scarf: mark

Brown Patent Pumps: Chinese Laundry (bought at Zappos last weekend!)

Youlookfab talked yesterday about how a scarf is a transitional season accessory--it moves you seamlessly from summer to fall and fall to early winter. I'm a fan of scarves and even though it's 90 degrees outside, I'm ready to start transitioning in a few fall pieces. They are already all over the celebrity and fashion magazines as well. A scarf seemed like the perfect solution today--it was warm outside still but leaning to fall on the calendar--and it also helped keep me warm wrapped around my arms in the office today!

The scarf is fabulous--each is hand woven so a bit different than others. It has purple, fuschia, teal, orange, red, gold, silver and gold strands--in other words, it goes with everything--and it's incredibly soft! It's going to be a fall staple I can tell.

10 comments:

KT said...

Love scarves. Love love love them. I just bought a few new ones this week and will be wearing them ASAP!

Ally said...

That scarf is so pretty!

Anjeanette said...

The top looks great on you!

Anonymous said...

I love scarves but never know how to tie them.

Love this look!

Anonymous said...

That IS a marvelous scarf! And I've never heard of mark, so now I've got a new site to explore ...

Anonymous said...

Pretty scraf! I've been looking for brown pumps every where!! Do you have another picture of the ones you bought from Chinese Laundry?? I'd love to see a close up :)

Leslie said...

check out my post from a couple days ago--it has pictures of all my new zappos shoes up close, including the chinese laundry ones!

Tara Wasson said...

Love this look!!

Jamie said...

Ok Les, you KNOW my obsession with scarves! this is faboo!! I might have to borrow :)

Tracey said...

I love the scarf!
It's still just a tad too hot for me to break out the scarves. I can't stand anything along he back of my neck when I'm hot. I can't wait until I can start wearing them. I have cute new one that might make it's debut soon :) and you just know it's an animal print. hehe