Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday -- Ally

I only worked 4 days this week but it seemed like it would never end! I'll be glad when Sunday/Monday get here :)

Dress: Target

Tank (under dress): Target

Scarf as belt: Target? I don't remember

Shoes: Cole Haan (from the Zappos haul a few weeks ago)









We've been cleaning out the basement (it's a MESS) and I finally found my glasses! They've been missing for months. Fortunately I don't need them for close-up stuff, but they're much needed when I drive a lot or need to look far away for a while. They really get a lot of use when the race track opens - you gotta be able to read the tote board!! I wore them in the pic for E because I think she was more excited I found them than I was :)

I really really like these shoes. I got them for $82 and the retail for $280. From the moment I picked them up in the store I said, "I'd never pay retail for these" and I'm pretty sure I still wouldn't.

They have the Nike Air cushion and they are very comfortable. I wore them for 14 hours and my feet didn't hurt a bit. The heel only being 2 inches had to help too!

The fact they didn't hurt my feet makes me willing to pay more than I did, but I still just can't pay $300 for a pair of shoes yet. I'm sure I will one day, but not today.

7 comments:

KT said...

This is a very nice look on you. And I love the glasses. They say "I'm smart, don't try to pull anything over on me."

Louella said...

glad you found your glasss. did you by chance find your camera?

Ally said...

Thanks, KT. I should wear them when rent is due!

No, Mama. No camera :(

E said...

Loooooooooooooooove the glasses, Lady.

And I totally have that dress ;)
Love it on you!

Hillary said...

I was wondering about those Cole Haan/Nike Air shoes. Nice to know that they worked, but I have agree with you on the price.

Anonymous said...

Me too! I love the idea of a stylish shoe with sneaker properties, but didn't know how it would work. Glad they're as comfy as advertised.

Leslie said...

Very, very cute!! So flattering, love the scarf as a belt and you look oh so smart in those glasses--makes me want to get some to try out!