Tuesday, September 30, 2008

More fall colors...


Dress: Mossimo

Fall Colors Scarf: NY and Co

Brown Patent Pumps: Chinese Laundry

What is it about this dress that photographs pinkish? I promise you it's very red in person so my scarf with the brown, orange and deep reds does not clash. I also have the scarf even around the waist despite the fact that it looks like it's going up in the picture. I think I was holding my hips weird in this picture. Whatever.

It's amazing what a difference a new "belt" can make-- it completely changes the look of the dress and I always receive a ton of compliments when I wear a wrap dress with a different belt.

Thanks again to Ally (and Sara Blakely....) who gave me this dress (and made it wearable). It's super comfy and I'm loving finding some new ways to wear it.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Is it a real wrap dress or a faux wrap dress? I have only real wrap dresses, but I don't know how I would tie another scarf around if I tried. Unless I wanted the original tails and the scarf tails both hanging out, which doesn't seem like it would look okay....so basically I'm trying to pick your brain here :)

Hillary said...

Sarah Blakely is my friend too. I don't know what I'd do without her sometimes ;-)

Anonymous said...

Very feminine and the scarf really does make it!

M x

Anonymous said...

I'm only just venturing into scarf-as-belt territory ... this image of you looking sleek and stylish is great motivation to keep trying!

E said...

Very pretty, Leslie. The dress in lovely on you!

And I can't stand when color photograph oddly. Is this is any consolation, THAT color looks good on you, too!

Candice said...

I know what you mean about the belt changing an outfit. I barely started putting belts with my outfits, and I must say it has changed the way I view most of my outfits. Before I would just wear those empire waist tops becuase they covered my baby belly, but I always felt that maybe it just made me look heavier. Once I started putting the belt I felt as if I had a waist and wasnt trying to cover it up with fabric. I love the scarf so cute!

Leslie said...

Thanks everyone-- yes it is amazing how much a belt can transform an outfit. Ive just recently started wearing them more myself.

Kelly it is an actual wrap dress. I just warp the ties around my waist as far as they'll go around and then just tuck the very end under what has already been wrapped around my waist. Then I just put the belt/scarf overtop the ties that are tucked in to cover them. Does that make sense?

Kelly said...

Yes that makes sense... I will have to try that soon. It may take some practice because I've tried it before and the little tails always find their way out after a couple hours, but I'm determined because I love this on you!

Thanks!