Saturday, September 6, 2008

Weekend -- Ally

Happy weekend!! This week seemed so long despite it being shorter than usual. I'm glad to have Sunday/Monday off. I worked today and we had a pool party for the residents. It was a lot of fun but I was also running the office so I ran around like a crazy person until it was almost time to leave. I'm just glad the weather made a turn for the beautiful - it never got over 80 all day - PERFECTION! Sunny, clear blue skies...couldn't ask for better weather.

Top: H&M

Tank (under top): Old Navy

Jeans: Gap

Flats: Sam Edelman (what else would I wear? haha)

Necklace: Just Jewelry?










I needed to be comfortable and somewhat casual, but still dressed up. We can wear jeans on Saturday at work so long as you don't look like you rolled out of bed in them. This top from H&M is one I got in Indy when Tracey and I met Kimberly. I really love the color (it's a nice kelly green) but I dislike how easily the fabric wrinkles. It looks awesome when I get dressed but by the end of the day it's a wrinkly mess.
One of our furniture vendors used to sell jewelry on the side and I bought this necklace from her several years back. I used to wear it all the time because it matches practically everything, but I forget I have it now.

I think it's from Just Jewelry but I'm not 100%.








You can't really tell in the pic, but my "bangs" are braided back a la LC and Kimberly. Wait - you didn't know I had long bangs? Someone *cough*ME*cough* is lazy and won't fix her hair and pins her bangs back eeeeeeeeeeeeevery day. And to think I want to get a Real Haircut next month. Ha!

11 comments:

Leslie said...

Very cute and flattering- love that top!

There was a pool party for residents??? Why doesnt anyone ever inform us in the back about these things?? I may not have swam but I would have kept you company and people watched until I left for the UofL game!

Louella said...

glad you had a pretty day for your pool party! rest for the next two days. love.

Ally said...

The party was for the apartment residents - that's why you folks in the back didn't get an invite. I was so busy today I would've gotten to chat :(

I'm glad the weather held up too - I was worried yesterday since the forecast called for morning showers.

s.i. michaels said...

That necklace really is awesome. A great mix of colors but still really subtle.

Tracey said...

looove that top.. you look spectacular in that color!

and I don't think yor "bangs" are really bangs anymore... they are sort of just a long layer. Someone is in need of her semi annual haircut. hehe ;)

Ally said...

True. They're not long enough to stay tucked behind my ear so I put them into the "bangs" category. You know, since I have that ban against any layers shorter than my chin. Oy.

I do need it cut. Last time I cut it was in June when I cut my bangs with Al's nose hair scissors.

I just overshared, didn't I? hahaha

KT said...

Ally, that green is very flattering on you.

Daniel said...

That necklace is lovely.

E said...

That is a beautiful color on you, Love. Great necklace, too!

Bangs = awesome. :)

Anonymous said...

I, too, must express love for the necklace. What a versatile piece!

ohthatgirl said...

Must...steal...necklace! I'll take the top while I'm at it as well. ;O)