Monday, September 29, 2008

Trying a trend

Feathered Headband: Forever 21

Sweater, Skirt and Tights: Limited

Pumps: Type A

I live in tights. I think pantyhose should be outlawed. It's either bare legged or tights for me. That said, it's surprising that I've never given the whole patterned tights thing a try. I grabbed a pair with a coupon at The Limited in my go to color scheme of red, black and white-- figured that would be the easiest way to try to incorporate.

I'm not sure what I think after wearing these today (although I will say I wasn't cold in the office for the first time in literally months!). I received a ton of comments and most were compliments. But I think my problem with the outfit is that I feel short and squatty in it. I think my sweater wasn't laying right when the picture was taken and most importantly, I think the skirt is about 2-3 inches too long. I think to really pull off the patterned tights well and not look short with the pattern, the skirt needs to hit fully above the knee. What do you think?

I have also purchased magenta tights. I have a cute flapper dress that I think they may be cute with. But despite what my In Style tells me, I'm a little scared of looking too 80's. I'll have to try it on a day I'm feeling really brave!

7 comments:

Kasmira said...

The tights are SO cute. I do agree, though, that a shorter skirt is best with patterned (or even brightly colored) tights. I usually wear my crazy tights with skirts/dresses that are hemmed above the knee.

Anonymous said...

I love those tights with your blouse. Very cute and adds a little extra punch of fun!

Anonymous said...

Those tights are truly fab ... I agree, though, that hemming the skirt will help them out. Above-the-knee is always more flattering. Albeit breezier!

Jamie said...

Ok, my thoughts. I think you have the right start going with this outfit. I would suggest a shorter skirt and a different pair of shoes. LOVE LOVE LOVE the headband!! There is a trick with the tights ensamble because there is cute and then there is the risk of looking too "Donna Martin". You're adorable.

Unknown said...

I think the tights are fab! But, I noticed that you don't like pantyhose. How can you like tights then? To me, they both feel the same. I guess I am just to short-waisted to wear them.

Erica said...

I also agree that the tights would look best if the skirt was a little shorter...they would also look great with a little black sheath dress. :) But I love them! I'm eagerly awaiting tights weather.

E said...

Definitely shorten the skirt and buy more of those tights! How fun!