Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Europeans Are Coming!

Well, actually they are already here! Yes, Ryder Cup week has arrived so I put on some red, white and blue today. I figure it's good practice for figuring out what to wear to the course this weekend (yes, I'm going to cheer on Team USA--I was planning to blog on Ryder Cup fashion, however cameras are not allowed in not are cell phones--don't even get me started--so you're stuck with just seeing what I decide to wear).

Ally handed me down the red dress I'm wearing today--it's funny because it's very cherry red in person but has a pink tint in photos. It looks like the scarf red doesn't match--but it really did well in person. Thanks again to Kimberly for sending my way.

Red Wrap Dress: Mossimo

Nude Pumps: Vis a Vie

Scarf: Thrifted via Kimberly

(I'm totally laughing as this picture was taken but it's the only one I have so you get it--my heel had gotten caught as I was trying to playfully kick for the camera at the perfect time so you get a tilted head and squinty, laughing eyes as a result!)

I was inspired today by Ms. Jessica Simpson who all of a sudden has gone classy lass in her dressing. I'm liking what she's been wearing lately though!

9 comments:

Ally said...

So glad you liked the dress, Les. It's a great, bright red - a great neutral basic for you.

And yes. I think red is a neutral. Pretty sure you ladies all do too! :)

Leslie said...

Absolutely red is a neutral!!!

Jamie said...

YES red is a neutral! Stacey and Clinton would agree. I made my dad watch today, so cute!

Anonymous said...

Leslie - love the outfit! I have that same dress and in fact earlier this summer wore it with a scarf and neutral shoes. Ha!

http://fabfindsunder50.blogspot.com/2008/06/daily-outfit-060308.html

Boutique Girl said...

You look fab! That dress is great - I wish I could pull red off!

KT said...

You look awesome! , for one, love the change up on the pose. It's quirky and fun!

Anonymous said...

I love the photo. Even it was an accidental pose, it looks totally natural and very fashion mag. ;)

Leslie said...

I'll own up to being vain enough that if Im going to put pictures of myself up for all the world to see, that I want to be at my most flattering angle! However, the same pose does get boring so Im trying to think of new flattering ways to mix it up!

Toni said...

I have it on good authority that Leslie has been practicing poses since she was...let's say...2 yrs old! LOL I smiled when I saw it!