Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday -- Ally

Michael Kors once said, "Satin should look as though it hasn't been touched by human hands." (I'm paraphrasing.)

I think he was on to something.

This pic was taken after work and goodness...I'm wrinkled. Now I know why I've never really been a satin fan. I think it usually looks cheap and messy. I like it under a jacket or cardigan but not as the main "look."


Cardi: Target

Satin tank: NY&Co

Skirt: Old Navy

Necklace: Walmart

Shoes: Target (from the latest haul!!)









I had a belt on with this early in the day but it kept sliding up (thanks, satin.) and I took it off and stuffed it in a desk drawer. Where it still is. Whoops.

I don't think I'll wear this top much more unless it's under something very structured. It's really baggy and pleated and adds a lot of bulk to my short frame. I also managed to dribble coffee down the front of it (I do this a lot) and I'm not so sure it'll come out this time...

10 comments:

KT said...

You look cute even wrinkled~

Ally said...

Thanks :) I look like I've been rolled up in a blanket all day. I wish!

KT said...

Oh, and since when did you start having conversatons with Michael Kors???

E said...

Whatever, lady. I think this outfit is awesome and still looks amazing! I freaking love that color on you!

hillary said...

wear it under a vest or a jumper dress and viola no one sees wrinkles!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya: Satin can be such a pain in the arse. That is a luscious color on you, tho ...

Anonymous said...

Love the color on you and your hair looks extra good today!

Louella said...

love the color not the satin.

Ally said...

Thanks, ladies! I'm loving this color, but yeah...the satin has got to go. It'll go great under things but not nearly solo like today.

And Kimberly, thank you! I washed it...wonder if that was the difference? haha

Hillary said...

The color is great on you. Very sassy!