Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weekend -- Ally

I love a long weekend and this one was especially nice and well-needed. I'm throwing several outfits in one post too so it's a long one!

Black pintuck cardi: Target

Polka dot dress: Slutty teenager store in mall ($7 if I remember correctly)

Raspberry belt: NY&Co.

Shoes: Target

Pearls: Michelle Obama Pearls (Walmart), Classic single strand (Shane Co.), and spaced triple-strand (gift)








This is one of my favorite dresses but it just can't be worn on its own. It's very low-cut in both the front and the back so I always either wear something under it or layer a cardigan over it.

I couldn't decide which necklace to wear so I wore all of them!







Al and I spent Saturday at WorldFest. If you live in the area, go next year - it's a great time and all the food is very reasonably priced and there are at least two stages of awesome music. The prices aren't inflated like at most festivals and considering it's a family event, it was mostly child-free. I know I'm a hateful person for saying it, but nothing ruins a good time quicker than a bunch of ill-behaved children and careless parents.

This isn't one of my best looks, but considering the weather and activity, it was great.

I rarely (read: never) wear shorts, but I bought these out of necessity last summer. This is the first time all year I've worn them and probably the last. I would much rather wear a skirt or dress most of the time.

Top: Banana Republic

Shorts: Target

Flats: Sam Edelman

Bag: functional, not fashionable. It is, however, one of my new GreenBags!

This pic was taken after we'd spent 5.5 hours out in the sun and when we were both VERY read to get home and showered. We'd both had our fill of international food, beer, and music and had dinner plans with our webmonkey buddy Daniel and his sweet girlfriend Janet.

*I'm standing next to the HUGE Louisville Slugger bat :)

This is what I wore to dinner with aforementioned friends:

Wet hair and no make up to boot! I must *really* love you all because while cheap, it wasn't that cute of an outfit. I didn't really care, though, b/c I had the beginnings of a slight sunburn on my back/shoulders (no amount of spf 70 and subsiquent 45 can protect me from the sun's rays) and I needed something loose and comfortable.

Dress: NY&Co.

Tank under dress: Target

Scarf as belt: Nine West

Bag: Coach

Ugly flats: Target (remember what I said about my inability to NOT wear these? *sigh* It's like touching a hot stove when you know it's hot)

I did eventually manage to slap on some mascara and lipstick in the car, but most days that's all I'm willing to manage in the make up department. Maybe one day I'll get all dolled up for you - don't hold your breath though!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm wearing (black) pearls today, too!

Sounds like you had a really fun weekend.

KT said...

Ally, just in case you care, I worked at Shane Company in the early 90's!

Anonymous said...

Three diverse looks, and all done with such flair. And, for the record, I LOVE the halter on you. What a great print and color!

E said...

I love your big, pink belt! And I always love how you use the belts in your outfits, too. You always look so put together.