Tuesday, September 30, 2008

NOLA - Ally & Tracey

We're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! We had the BEST weekend - I'm still worn out! I think I need a vacation to recover from my vacation! I had lofty plans of taking outfit pics every day, but frankly we couldn't be bothered...too much to do!

Tracey and I are big beer fans. And not the cheap Miller Lite crap...but good beer. I guess we're beer snobs :) Tracey was told about the Abita Brewery tour by a friend and made arrangements for us to rent a car and visit.

The best part of the tour? FREE BEER. And not just free beer, but all the free beer you want. When you walk in, the nice lady tells you to get a cup and belly up. She didn't have to tell us twice!! They had over a dozen varieties and it was awesome to try brews we can't get here in Louisville.

We had lunch at the Abita Brew Pub and it was delicious. Tracey tried a sampler!

Saturday we spent shopping in the Quarter. It lookss like all we did was drink, but hell. It was New Orleans. It's encouraged. :) There are bars everywhere and you can get a to-go cup for your beer at even the nicest of places.

We went to Bayona for dinner Saturday night and it was amazing! We didn't get a proper group shot prior to our meal so this had to do. I'm wearing one of my eBay Echo scarves!

And that's really all that's fit to print! No, no pictures of us earning beads (I'm too much of a prude for that!), but the rest are of us all hot and sweaty and that's just not cute. Cheap, yes. Cute, no.

Word to the wise: Don't drink a Hurricaine just because Tracey tells you to. After you do that, don't drink three more either. It'll hurt a LOT the next day. I might have worn sunglasses inside on Sunday, but I won't confirm that.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

It looks like you guys had a great time!!

And uh, weren't sunglasses invented for hangovers anyway?

Leslie said...

Im glad you all had a good time.

And Tracey, you look GORGEOUS in that close up picture in the black!

Jamie said...

Glad you all had a great time and are back safely! Fun times had by all, I'm sure!!

Daniel said...

Hearing about how Allison's hair was hung-over was the most perfect part of this weekend.

Daniel said...

And yes, I must echo the Tracey in black comment. Wonderful look, dear.

Louella said...

you make your mother so proud of you!
next time you all need to take an older more mature adult with you like me.

Ally said...

I'm pretty sure Kim called me "Paris" a time or two over the sunglasses...haha

Glad I could help make your day, Daniel.

Mama - I'm pretty sure Kim and Tracey provided adequate adult supervision. Besides, you don't drink beer :)

Hillary said...

Looks like y'all had a great time!

90-Dayer said...

Ally, you are hilarious! I'm glad you had fun and made it back safely after all that drinking. I'm hungover just hearing about it.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a rollicking good time!