Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day at the Redneck Riviera!!



Leopard print strapless maxi dress- Forever21


Sunglasses - Gucci from Off Fith Outlet store


Tote Bag - Longchamp

Pewter leather flip flops - Scoop sample sale

Sunscreen - Shiseido SPF 55 lotion


Happy Labor Day, everyone! I hope that every one had a safe and happy long holiday weekend. I know I did! I was in need of som true R&R this weekend and I definitely got it!

My Aunt and Uncle have a little place down on the Indiana side of the Ohio River. It's a little community of camping trailers and mobile homes right on the water. There are some actual houses that people live in full time, but the majority of them are just weekend places. I lovingly refer to this area as the "Redneck Riviera" because that's exactly what it is.. and I gotta say, I love it down there. Everyone parks their cars for the weekend and the main mode of transportation from one friend's cabin to the next freind's cabin is a golf cart. No one cares what they look like and everyone waves at you when you drive by. I think my outfit was more suited for Boca Raton than the Redneck Riviera, but I was cool and comfortable for the most part (I wasn't about to let these thighs see the light of day) which is what I was really looking for on this hot, sunny, and humid day.

I have to give a rave for this Shiseido sunscreen. It's a lower SPF than I've been wearing for the last few years, but after not being too pleased with the brand that I used last Summer after I wore it earlier in the Spring, I decided to give this one a shot. The results were good. After being in the sun for the greater part of the afernoon, I am not the least bit pink. I'm pretty darn impressed with it.

This is the only time you will see me post wearing a flip flop. The last time I tried to wear a non-rubber bottomed shoe on my Uncle's boat, he made me leave them at the dock. I can't be having my cute shoes unsupervised on the dock at the Redneck Riviera, so I had to cave under the pressure.

7 comments:

Ally said...

I really really love this dress. I also love how you wear Gucci with Forever 21. :)

ohthatgirl said...

Lurve this dress!!! Yes, I said it. LUUUURRRRVVVVE!!! ;O)

Jamie said...

you look hot mamma!

Anonymous said...

Wise, wise choices for sticky hotness. And I'm a fellow flip-flop loather, but don't blame you at all: I can't fathom leaving ANY shoes at the dock!

Leslie said...

Love this dress!!! It looks great on you--you're tall enough to pull those off!

E said...

DUDE. Sexy lady!! I, too, love the Gucci+F21 bond. Made me giggle :)

Louella said...

what a cute outfit for the lake!!!!