Friday, September 12, 2008

A Colorful Friday -- Leslie

Blue and White Button Down: CAbi

Green Vest: CAbi

Belt: CAbi

Red Pants: Limited

Zebra Print Pumps: Nine West

My belt buckle was the inspiration today--several great colors to bring out. I saw in the CAbi catalog a couple years ago the shirt and vest together with the belt over top and loved it--one of those things I never would have thought to do myself. Last year, I threw on my red peacoat on a cold day with this same top, vest, belt and jeans and thought all the colors looked too cute together. When my sister handed down these red pants to me, I thought I'd use them to bring the same colors together.

I'm not quite sure if it's too much or not--I sort of think it may be (do the zebra pumps send it over the edge??)--but either way, it was fun to wear on a rainy day!

Speaking of CAbi, I'm super psyched because I am co-hosting a party for the Fall 2008 line tomorrow! I'm a big fan of the ultra-flattering fits and extra little details in their clothes--and that they have some trends in them but are relatively timeless as well. You can see more (and probably see a sneak preview of some of my future wardrobe items!!) at www.cabionline.com.

7 comments:

Toni said...

I'm so upset, I can't comment further.

Daniel said...

Not to be a downer, dear, but when you asked is it a little much, I said yes. Too many vibrant colors that just seem to be clashing. Not my favorite look that you've presented.

Why so serious, Leslie?

Ally said...

Oh honey.

You know how I left that dress by your door today? Maybe you should put it on instead? It'd look cute w/the giraffe shoes...

I think it's the pants that throw it. I think the shirt, vest and even the shoes would look cute with jeans. Or skip pants all together. Have a No Pants Friday like me!

Al said...

I dunno, Leslie.. I believe you should only wear those pants on a dark knight.. Now, watch me make this pencil disappear..

hillary said...

I don't agree at all I think it looks cute and of people don't like it they must be scared of colors. Check remix some if the coolest cats wear mixed brights.

Leslie said...

Thank you Hillary! You've at least reassured me that maybe I wasnt looking like a total freak walking down the street!

Anonymous said...

I love the mixed brights, though I might've gone for a more subdued shoe. Still a fun look!