Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesday -- Ally

Is this the outfit you'd wear when you have to address a million-dollar mistake with a contractor? I sure hope so!! Today's not gearing up to be a good one (that juice box didn't work!) but at least I look cute!!

Shirt Dress: Worthington ($12!!!!!!!!!!!)

Tank: Old Navy (remember when I said I buy in multiples? Yeah.)

Belt: Walmart

Shoes: Charles by Charles David (via Zappos Outlet of course!)

Bracelet: Walmart

Horseshoe necklace: gift

Ring: vintage, gift







I'm still kicking myself for not getting this belt in red and blue. They were $7 or so last year @ Walmart and I got this one to go with my Oaks dress. I thought a punch of green would mix it up better than the old standard, red.

My only gripe is the belt bunches up when I sit so I have to adjust it.





You'll soon notice I wear the same jewelry over and over and over. I really only like necklaces and bracelets. I wear one ring and never wear earrings. The necklace I'm wearing was a birthday gift from my parents last year and I wear it 90% of the time. I love it so much!

Watch is a Swiss Army I bought for my self a couple of years ago when I got a big promotion. I wear it every day without fail and don't even own another to wear. It's masculine, but still small enough to not look bulky on my wrist. I'll post a pic of it another day.


My ring is a vintage diamond ring my mom gave me. Don't know a lot of history on it, just know it's stunning and I loooooooooove it.













A close up...

It was really dirty the day I took that pic, so just imagine it being sparkly :)

It needs a little work done if you can't tell. The scroll work on the sides has been broken/indented over time and it's also way too big. I wear it on my index finger but it's still too big. I just am so leary about taking it somewhere - I don't want the diamond reset or anything like that. I just want it sized and the sides fixed up.



Any local suggestions? I've heard good things about Seng downtown.

And for my shoes. They're Charles by Charles David (I guess he's lower-end line?) and hurt like hell! I don't wear them often enough for them to be super broken in, so that explains the rubbing. Thank goodness for Bandaid Blister Block!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love B/W accented with green - one of my fav combos - so I love this! I swear, Ally, if we weren't both only childs, we just might be long lost sisters. We seem to have a lot of commonalities - crafting, same American Living Sweater, dealing with contractors (just got off of the phone with one myself), our love of belting things, and I am sure there are others!

Ally said...

I know!! I turned stalker last night and read your blog from the beginning! Add "spends too much on handbags" to the list!!

Jamie said...

ahhh I heart only children! I am a card carrying member of that club!

Looking quite cute today Ms. Al! I love that green with black and white.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, spends too much on bags. My blog doesn't even show the half of it since it is "bargain minded". As for being only children - I need to vent - don't you hate it when people say stuff like, "oh you must be a spoiled brat"??!! This happen to me just this past weekend. I wanted to scream , "No, I am friggin' 29 yrs old and everything I have is because of my hard work!" Okay, sorry, just had to get that off my chest!

Ally said...

Thanks, J!! Welcome to the club!!!

Yes, Kimberly, I haaaaaaaaate that, but I actually think my parents, especially Mama, hate it more. They went out of their way to not raise me to be a brat. Sure I probably had more stuff than other kids, but it's only b/c they knew how much "kid" they could afford so they only had one. Smart financial decision if you ask me!!

I'm more spoiled by the now than ever and I really spoil myself. I've busted my ass and have a great career and if I want to buy something, I do and I don't have to justify it just because I don't have sibblings.

Tracey is an only also so we're all in great company :)

Jamie said...

Yes, definitely one of my major pet peeves!

Should start our own Only Children Blog :)

Leslie said...

Me love!!!!

KT said...

OK, I have tons to say:
1) I think we are in the same business. The "Apt Guide" guest card caught my eye.
2) LOVE the green!
3) I am an only child and I think I am far from acting like one. I am spoiled, but only by myself!
4) I also met with a contractor today but mine was HOT! Boy do I love men who can fix stuff and aren't bad to look at...

Ally said...

KT --

1) You referenced your "maintenance guys" once and I wondered the same thing!
2)Thanks!!
3) The only kids are coming out of the cracks here! I love it :)
4) OMG. Mine was a pain in the ass. Well, not him so much as the reason he was there. UGH.

There are a few dreamboats that come in, however. Always makes my day!

Tracey said...

This dress looks fab on you!

Ally said...

Thanks, honey! I LOVE when I score a great deal online :)

CDPGreek said...

Try Louisville Numismatic Exchange---3rd St. before Guthrie, on your left.

Ally said...

Thanks, CDP - I just emailed them :)

Anonymous said...

I love this outfit! Punches of kelly green are always a favorite of mine.