Thursday, September 25, 2008

At least my hair looked good....


Scarf: Mossimo (tied like Ally yesterday)

Black Button Down: NY and Co

Skirt (with exposed zipper in back): Express

Pumps: Pleaser

Ended up having a 2-hour commute this morning...because while in stop and go traffic because of another accident, I was stopped and the driver in the car behind me looked down for a split second and looked back up and I was stopped. And she wasn't. Needless to say, a fender bender rear end collision was in order. Good news is that I'm fine, the accident wasn't my fault, and the damage is minimal so I'll just get it fixed and it'll be over. Bad news was that I had to stand on the side of the highway for an hour waiting on an officer to come file the accident report.

I learned today a lot of people take the same route to work as I do. Like a lot. Multiple emails, phone calls and calls to my office to ask the secretary if I was ok followed. (I make a habit to try to not look at accident scenes because I always think about how that must stink to have an accident and then have everyone driving by staring at you. I nearly just started waving to cars driving by this morning as they stopped to look, I felt so on display!)

However, my personal favorite email came courtesy of a good friend and former co-worker who emailed to say she hadn't had her morning coffee but was that me on the side of the road? Was I ok? And if so, my hair looked great!

Hahahaha! At least if you have to stand on the side of the road for an hour, it's important to be having a good hair day. Priorities!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, kitten, so glad you're OK! Stuff like that - even the most minor of fender-benders - can be so nerve-wracking. And your coworker is right: You hair looks amazing. ;)

V said...

Important thing is that you're okay, so that's great! And besides your hair, your outfit looks great too!

Kasmira said...

She should have also complimented your skirt. It is gorgeous!

ohthatgirl said...

Grrrr! What is it about Thursdays and accidents in September? The Asst. Principal at my daughters school backed into my car last Thursday. I'm glad you are okay...and you do look great!

Anonymous said...

lmao, love the email and the hair compliment. Can't beat that!

Jamie said...

Tell you what, that is one outfit that I would want to be caught in on the side of the road. VERY cute!

KT said...

Leslie, as always you look so cute! Now, come to my blog and get your damn award!~

Unknown said...

And mom always told us to have clean underwear in case of an accident - why didn't she tell us it was also so important to have great hair??! Love the skirt and glad you are okay.

Ashley said...

Leslie...this is very flattering on you. Two thumbs up.

Leslie said...

Thanks everyone-- I just thought it was too good of a story not to share!

The skirt is growing on me (I wasnt sure when I bought it but it was only $10 so what the heck) but I got some french fry grease on it and its not coming out with Dryel like normal! Cross your fingers that the dry cleaner can help. Im kinda fond of it now!

Anonymous said...

I am really diggin' this outfit today. I like the deep color palette with red accents. Sorry to read about your accident, hopefully you can get it all fixed without any headaches.

Hillary said...

Oh and I am sorry you had a yuck morning, but you do look great. Love the hair, love the look!

SHOEGAL said...

Glad you're OK. Your hair DOES look great, so does your outfit. Love it!

Boutique Girl said...

I am glsd you are ok and the damage is not too bad!
Love the skirt!

Audi said...

What a great story! Thanks for making me laugh so early in the morning. Glad you're ok!!