Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Corporate Casual -- Leslie


Blazer (with leopard print lining): CAbi

Tank: Limited

Denim Pencil Skirt: Gap

Red Patent Belt: Limited

Peep Toe Pumps: Steve Madden

We occasionally are allowed to wear denim on special days to work. However, because of working in Communications and the nature of my job, I have to always be ready to head to the hospital in a moment's notice and denim is most definitely not acceptable. Therefore, on these days, I try to dress in such a way that all I have to toss in my tote is a dress skirt or pants-- my top, jacket and heels will work with jeans or the dressier back up. (Today's back up was a khaki colored pencil skirt just for your curiosity).

I really like this jacket--it's a black wool pinstripe but has the something extra with the leopard print lining--in fact, if I was a popped collar kinda gal (love the look but just doesn't seem to work with the length of my hair), you would see a red, paisley print under the collar.

It was pretty brisk outside this morning...I'm wondering just how much longer I'm going to be able to go to work with bare legs...I like tights and all but I'm going to miss bare legs--I think bare legs are just more flattering than stocking covered legs. In addition, it's my own personal hang-up, but I have real issues with wearing tights with peep toe shoes so the other sad thing is that my shoe options will soon be dwindling. Watch for lots of cute ones in the next couple weeks while I still can!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Girl, that look on your face makes me think you are up to no good! Ha! love the outfit and you know how much I love that jacket and the detailed lining.

KT said...

You look awesome! I'm wearing tights today and I am in heaven! I used to follow the "no tights w/peep toe" but I kept seeing more and more people rock that look so I've been doing it and I like it! You should try it! I feel like I belong in an Anthropologie ad when I do!

V said...

I'm the same way...no peep toes w/tights. BUT, I might be trying it out like kt to see how I feel and how I look. Everyone else does it and looks cute, so I should too, right?

Audi said...

I love this look! That jacket is awesome. And I agree, throw your 'no tights with peep toe' rule out the window!

Anonymous said...

Smashing, lady! I hear you on the bare leg fear ... soon we'll be encased in tights for endless months ...

ohthatgirl said...

Love this look...and the look on your face is priceless. You look like you are the only one in on a great secret. ;O)

Hillary said...

This is too cute. I can't believe you might have to change at a moments notice.

Leslie said...

Ok guys I'll TRY the whole tights with peep toes thing. No promises I make it out the door though.

And youre right on my expression--that's why I picked this one to put up. It made me laugh and I was thinking "Oh I am so up to something here"