Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Leslie - Tuesday


Beaded Cardigan: Old Navy

Cami: The Limited

Skirt: The Limited (it has small tiny dots in the print, FYI)

Shoes: Steve Madden

Continuing with the black and white theme for the week. I was looking at my closet this morning and I could seriously do several weeks of new outfits with black and white only. It's been my staple for so long with bright colored shoes or a bag. I still love it and you can never go wrong, but I think that's one reason I'm enjoying trying to throw some new colors in my wardrobe so much.

I scored these shoes a couple summers ago from Ally when she bought them from the Zappos outlet but they ended up being too small for her. However, the heels quickly wore down in just a couple months and I just recently got them reheeled and polished up so I put them on this morning. I love them dearly, but I quickly remembered why I didn't wear them on days when I have to walk because I am covered in blisters (even with Blister Block!!) this evening. I walked from the parking lot to work (about 2 blocks), to 4th Street for lunch (about 5 blocks round trip), to the hospital for meetings and back (almost a mile!) and then back to the parking lot at the end of the day-- all in these shoes. I'm thinking it was about a mile and a half or a bit over that total. I'm frequently asked by people (especially co-workers) "How do you walk in those all day?!?!?" when I wear my heels and I normally answer truly that they really are pretty comfortable and my foot is in a permanent arch.

Today on the other hand, I had to be honest and look at them and smile and say "Well, today in fact, my feet aren't doing so well." :-) I still love the shoes--they are just for days where I have NO meetings and can literally sit at my desk all day long!!

8 comments:

KT said...

I pulled up your blog and said out loud "Look how cute Leslie looks today" and my daughter just looked at me like I am NUTS!

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

Sassy lady!

Ally said...

Oh I had forgotten ALL about those shoes!!!

You look adorable, but we have GOT to get you a pair of cozy flats for days like today - your poor little feet!!!

Maglet said...

I love being able to "save" shoes. People throw away perfectly good shoes because of a cracked/broken/worn heel when they can just take it to get reheeled!

Those are awesome shoes--I have some like those and I danced in them for hours. The blisters on my big toes, man... YOUCH! LOL! But well worth it. :)

Leslie said...

Hehe, thanks kt, that's so sweet! I think that's been my favorite part--actually getting to "meet" fun people like you! My friends look at me like I'm crazy when I refer to blogger "friends"!!

Maglet, I dont think Im going to brave dancing in them--you're a trooper! But Id stand around and take pictures in them and then switch to something more comfortable!

Tracey said...

Love the outfit! You look so polished...
and Steve Madden heels kill my feet. I've just given up on them because I know they will cripple me by the end of the day.

Anonymous said...

God love you for killing your feetsies all in the name of fashion. You look very professional and svelt today!

My mom thinks it is a bit odd that I have "Blog Buddies" and "Flickr Friends", but I think it is so neat-o how people come together based on common interests even though their geographical location, age group, etc. vary so much.