Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday- Leslie



Blue Motorcycle Jacket: CAbi

White Sequined Tank: The Limited

Brown Linen Pants: The Limited

Tan Slingbacks: Fioni (Payless)


What is the one day of the year that you can wear sequins to work?

That's right, dear blog readers--it's my birthday and I'll wear what I want to!

In celebration of the official entry to my late 20's, I decided to jazz it up for the 8-5 part of my day. I certainly felt fabulous as I drove to work and the sequins glistened all over my car!!!

I quite adore this jacket--I love motorcycle cut jackets--I've found they work well on me and add some fun "edge" to my very classic wardrobe. It's unexpected (to say the least) to see a motorcycle cut in preppy colors like this which is why I am drawn to it. I took a picture up close to you could see the subtle striping in the jacket. Today is the first day I've worn it--I bought it back at my CAbi party in April but it was backordered so I just got in. I can't wait to find some other combinations to wear it with. Anyone have any ideas of fun colors I could wear under it as a different pop of color?

Side note, I have been blessed with some grandparent birthday money (thank you all g-rents!) which means one thing--new shoes! I have decided I want to purchase a new bright color pair of pumps. Any ideas on what I should choose? I'm debating between purple, yellow, lime, or fuschia. Thoughts?

9 comments:

KT said...

So cute! And Happy Birthday! I'm going to vote yellow or lime on the shoes.

Ally said...

Happy birthday, kitten!!

Jamie said...

I vote yellow!

Tracey said...

Happy Birthday, Les!
For under the jacket I say a pale pink or a pale yellow would look really pretty.. any pastel really would work. Green would be nice too.

For the shoes, I say yellow for my 1st choice and purple for the 2nd choice :)

Daniel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel said...

Whoops. Anyway, as I was saying...

Happy birthday! I'm Ally's friend. :-) Have a fun b-day!

Leslie said...

I'm leaning towards yellow myself--just gotta find some I like online--at the right price!

Toni said...

Definitely yellow and I like the color suggestions that Tracey suggested.

Heather Sellers said...

I say go with yellow Leslie, and I adore your blog!