Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday night - Tracey



Zebra striped top - Nanette Lepore from Bluefly.com

Jeans - Gap Essential Fit

Shoes - Enzo Angolini from Nordstrom Rack

Bag - Rebecca Minkoff from NYC sample sale














Ok, so I have a confession to make. I'm quite often "cute", but not always on the "cheap". Although I never pay retail for designer goods, I'd say most of the people I know wouldn't exactly consider the things I buy a bargain. This outfit would be an example of that. I have this crazy girl crush on Nanette Lepore. I love her designs and feel like her clothing is a good representation of my style. Sexy and young at heart, but yet conservative enough to not look like I'm trying to 10-15 years younger than what I really am. It's very hard in your mid 30's to find age appropriate clothing to where you feel like you've still "got it" but you aren't letting "it" all hang out, if you know what I mean! I know how Nanette Lepore clothing is cut and so far it's pretty standard across the board... so if I see something in my size online on super clearance I can grab it and feel pretty safe that it's going to fit. I saw this Zebra print shirt online last fall and fell in love with it. I stalked it, but by the time if fell 50% off they were out of my size. When I saw it on bluefly.com, a couple of weeks ago, I acted fast and I'm so glad I did!

The shoes and bag are a little "matchy, matchy" for my taste, but I was in a hurry and it worked out good enough. The bag is the Rebecca Minkoff Morning after Mini bag. A friend of mine was lucky enough to get one from a sample sale in NYC for way under retail. For some unknown reason, she didn't like it, so I was happy enough to take it off her hands! I lovingly refer to her as "Becky". One of these days I'll take a picture of the inside of it. It's just as cute on the inside as it is on the outside! Oh! And the bottom of it is this gold crackle. FABULOUS.
The Enzo's I picked up on a recent trip to Milwaukee. They are super comfy and suprisingly versatile. I've worn them a lot so far.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

You are rockin the black/white/pink! Great combo. Might I add you are having a faboo hair day!

KT said...

I have the same orange heels. Seriously, how cute are they?

Anonymous said...

I love how your chair matches the blog background so well! Seriously, it is a good thing you don't live closer or else I would be tempted to sneak in and steal that gorgeous purse of yours under the cover of night. It is cute in the pic, but in person it is absolutely drool worthy!

Leslie said...

Oh that bag is sooooo pretty!

Tracey said...

Thanks, Jamie! I don't always have the patience to flat iron the hair, but I did yesterday.

Kt.. where did you find orange?!? I would love to have these in every color in the rainbow!

Kimberly, if my bag ever goes missing I know where to look 1st! :P

KT said...

Tracey- Endless.com

I honestly buy about 99% of my shoes through them. I did have a gorgeous copper color but had a temper tantrum one day and tossed them. Must learn to control my temper!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Nanette Lepore!