Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekend -- Ally

What a great weekend!! Exhausting, but great. Tracey, Al and I took a little road trip to pick up T's new car (can't wait for her to share her new, cute ride!) and did some serious SuperTarget shopping! We don't have a SuperTarget in Louisville but now I really wish we did!

Dress: Mossimo ($20)

Wooden necklace: Walmart ($5)

Belt: "borrowed" from Mama

Bracelets: Old Navy ($3 for all 10 - super sale!)

Wedges: Nine West Studio ($20 @ Zappos.com outlet, natch)

Purse: Coach (not cheap but cute!)







This belt is probably 20 years old. I remember Mama wearing it with jeans and when I got a little older, I took it over. It's been mine ever since but I've probably not worn it in at least 10 years. It's lived in my donate-to-goodwill box for so long it's embarrassing. Yet today, for some reason, I remembered it and thought it'd pull this dress together - and it did! The elastic on it is nearly shot so it doesn't have much life left.


Picked up this necklace at Walmart for $5 or so.

The bracelets were an Old Navy super clearance deal. They were packaged together in a pretty box for Mother's Day and marked $20, but I got them for $3! It's a set of 10 and each are different.












I looooove these shoes. I call them my Big Girl Shoes because I'm at least 5 inches taller in them. They're certainly not something I wear if I'll be walking at all.

I guess the Nine West Studio line isn't around anymore because I couldn't find them online. They were Nine West's high-end line and featured nicer leathers, styles, and all the shoes came with sleeper bags. These retailed at $140 but you know I didn't pay that! $20 at the Zappos.com outlet!


I have a feeling this dress will get a LOT of wear this summer. It's so versatile and I can't wait to try some new things with it!

8 comments:

KT said...

So cute! Love the necklace! I did a little power shopping today also. (I had to sneack the bags in when my husband wasn't looking because I am supposed to be learning a lesson about over-spending or some such nonsense.)

Ally said...

Thanks, KT!

A lesson on over-spending? Phfft!

E said...

You look WONDERFUL, Ally! I love the belt, the dress is a perfect fit on you, and I love the Big Girl shoes! I used to own some serious platformed wedges, too, being only 5'2"... But I couldn't walk in them without falling :(

Ally said...

Aww thanks, E! I'm 5'2 too so it's weird being so tall in these shoes! I kept looking at Al and laughing because I'm used to being tucked in his armpit!

Robyn said...

OK, this is my new favorite blog. Consider yourself bookmarked!

Ally said...

Aww yay! We're all fans of The Pastor's Wife here! Leslie told me about you and I told Tracey! :)

We're always up for a guest post!

Jamie said...

You look adorable!

Anonymous said...

SuperTarget is totally the death of my checking account. I have one 2 minutes from where I live. I love it! Cute dress and accessories, btw.