Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday - Leslie



Dress: Merona

Belt: The Limited

Shoes: Nine West

Well, I finally broke down and bought the yellow pointy toe pumps I have been whining and longing for for the past 2 months. Once I started enjoying my orange pumps more, I decided I was ready to purchase another new pair of colored pumps. I debated on which color to get (it was between yellow, purple or green) but I started noticing all of Kasmira's fabulous outfits with yellow pumps and decided they would be my color of choice. Around that same time, I started noticing all the items in my wardrobe with a hint of yellow that some fabulous yellow pumps would really pull out. Then the fabulous KT starting assisting me in my search and found some cute ones on endless.com. The rest is shopping history.

I don't think I've posted an outfit in this dress yet which is totally shocking since I have worn it more times than most items in my wardrobe. I found it at Target last year and just love it. It's comfortable, a fun print, can have any color incorporated, is simple to pack, etc. What is funny is that one of my co-workers who I work the closest with has this exact same dress (I saw her wearing it the day I came in for my first interview and thought "Uh oh, this girl is wearing my clothes, this could be a problem..." :-) ) so anytime I'm going to wear it, I try to make sure to let her know the night before or call that morning so we don't have an embarrassing situation showing up to a meeting like the Bopsy Twins! I'm still waiting on the day that it happens though--it'll be funny when it does!

Anyway, this simple, inexpensive dress has been many places in the last year....most notably the Kentucky Oaks (below with Jamie, Ally and our friend Kim) and on a cruise to the Bahamas with the college friends (picture below with Jamie).

Hmmm....now about those purple pumps....



6 comments:

Ally said...

I love that dress so much I have it in black! Unfortunately, my boobies hang out of it and I'm constantly layering and pinning it. *sigh*

LOVE the yellow shoes!!!

Jamie said...

Who is that smokin hot friend of yours in those pictures? Ha!

KT said...

Leslie- I LOVE THIS LOOK! Congrats on the yellow heels! The are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Yellow is fantastic with that dress! I love dresses that are so multi-purposeful (so not a real word!).

E said...

I love the dress! Great idea with yellow, too... Wow, I need some yellow shoes. And Purple. Shame on you for making me think these things!

SHOEGAL said...

Great outfit! It was Kasmira who inspired me to get yellow shoes too. Now I just need a yellow belt as fab as yours.