Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend and Traveling Scarf -- Ally

I hope you've all had a great weekend - I sure have! Al and I went to the new Bristol in Jeffersonville on the river for a brunch date. Most Louisvillians talk a lot of smack about Southern Indiana (they do call themselves The Sunny Side of Louisville after all) but I love it. Lots of great restaurants and you can't get a view like this of our beautiful city IN the city, so why not cross the bridge??
Brunch was super yummy and we sat outside. We got there just in time because the sun began to creep over the top of the building and onto our table on the patio just as we got our check. Whew! This pale gal doesn't do sun!









Top: NY&Co.

Skirt: Lands' End

Shoes: Gianni Bini

Bag: Coach

Scarf worn as belt: Kimberly's Traveling Scarf!!










I had a couple other ideas (one involved a great red dress) but I got so bent out of shape this morning with said red dress that this was my back up outfit. It worked, but it really wasn't what I wanted to wear. Oh well!















I got these wedges at Dillard's super crazy clearance three or four years ago for $17 or something nuts like that. They're so comfortable and one of my favorites.










This evening I'm getting together with some girls you may know...expect pictures!!

7 comments:

KT said...

Cute! I was wondering when the scarf post would happen. Yay! I used to travel to a property in Clarksville Indiana and I would crack up because on the nightly news they would say "Today in Kentucky-ana" and they were serious! But I did like being there...
P.S. Sometime I will tell you the story of the property takeover I did there. One of the worst (and most funny) property mgmt takeovers I ever participated in.

Ally said...

It was a little delayed in getting to me b/c the USPS is silly :(

It never occurred to me Kentuckiana was weird until I heard Indiucky, Floribama, Tuckisee (Kentucky and Tennessee) and various others.

Can't wait to hear your war stories!! :)

KT said...

Ooooh! I like Floribama!

Tara Wasson said...

I love that top! I almost bought it a few times.

ohthatgirl said...

I love the way you incorporated the scarf. Tell me, did you tuck the end or tie it in a bow?

Ally said...

Thanks, Tara! I also bought it in teal. It's soooo comfortable.

OTG - I tied it in the back in just a square knot. The scarf isn't a super big scarf so there wasn't enough left over for a bow or anything cute :)

Jessica said...

I am so going snag those green wedges!!

Great job on the site! I love how you all comment on your outfits of the day!! btw, today I'm looking fab in a Quilt Museum tee :)