Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday -- Ally

TGIF! Usually I'm not one to get fussy about a week seeming long but goodness! This one seemed to drag along!

Part of me thinks this outfit is a little too "sexy" for work, but the other part of me said to get over it and stop being such a prude. We'll see.

Dress: Merona (It's the black version of the one Leslie loves so much)

Python print scarf: Walmart ($2.50!!!!)

Belt: Walmart

Shoes: Jessica Simpson (Zappos.com outlet)












As you may have noticed, I'm a little busty. I have the occasional misstep and it's The Boob Show all day. I fret over this a lot and am constantly taping, pinning and layering to keep things in control.

It's getting old, though, so I thought I'd try something new. I wrapped the scarf around me and tucked the ends in my faux-Spanxx (classy, I know). It's not going anywhere!!!











Tracey and I spent a delightful afternoon at Zappos a few months back and these were one of my purchases. They're mostly uncomfortable but only b/c the platform/heel are "off" somehow and it hurts my ankle. I have flats under my desk for later!








And now, for the bargain of the century! Kimberly had posted about snagging a killer Python Coach iPod case and, of course, I wanted one! I already had a plain black Coach one (thanks, Mama & Daddy!) but seriously. A girl needs something snakey and sparkly on her desk, right?

I got mine for $16.01 and that included shipping. Retail was $178. I too rock it old school and have an iPod mini and can't justify upgrading.

Speaking of "justify" - I'm currently desk-dancing to some Justin Timberlake - yay for iPods at work!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!

15 comments:

ohthatgirl said...

Scarves to block the boobage are the best! I did the very same thing this morning. ;O) Love the animal prints. I really need to find a way to incorporate them more.

Ashley said...

Speaking of Zappos....their upcoming HUGE tent sale is either this weekend (tomorrow) or next weekend so you might wanna check on that.

Jane said...

I know what you mean.It's been a loooong week!
At least you neded it on a high. Looking good!

KT said...

Great outfit. Check this out for music at work:
www.pandora.com
You can pick Justin Timberlake (A hottie who wants me but alas I am a married woman) and the site will spin all tunes similar to his music as well. And you don't have to download any music to your work computer!

Ally said...

OTG - I'm not very adventurous (at all) but this is "mild" enough for me.

Ash - I just called and no Tent sale until October-ish. They are, however, having a sale starting Friday the 1st.

Jane - Thanks!!!

Ally said...

KT - I don't have speakers on my computer :( If you look at the pics of SHOES ON THE DESK!! then you'll see this weird silver looking thing w/two circles. That's my iPod speaker and I plug into that.

E said...

This is a great office look, Ally! I think the scarf addition is perfect!!

I feel ya on the boobage issue, though :( It's so tough to deal with sometimes.

Spanx (and faux-spanx!) products are awesome!! I wear the leggings almost daily in the winter (under my pants, especially! Those wide-legs are drafty!) I can't find a pair of nylon-ish underpinnings that fit better. I have this weird thing about tights where having that web-like texture on my feet totally freaks me out... So you'll see in the upcoming months how I wear leggings, knee-high socks, and boots to combat my craziness and still be fashionably warm :)

<3

Ally said...

Thanks, E! I love the spankx leggins too! I wear them with tall boots b/c I don't care for the business all over my feet either. I have sweaty, stinky feet (TMI!) and they make my feet slide around :(

I can't wait to see how cute you are for fall/winter!!

Kasmira said...

Great solution to the over-exposure problem! Unfortunately, I can wear my tops cut pretty low without revealing much, if any cleavage. :( But I've used your scarf trick just for interest (link below). I'll have to bring it back when the weather cools down.

http://whatiwore2day.blogspot.com/2007/01/red-pants-orange-scarf-auburn-mane.html

Leslie said...

This isnt too sexy for work at all! I think it looks sleek, polished and professional.

E- I love SPANX--live by them! And last year, I ran out of nude hose/tights at one time and only had capris so I wore those with socks and tall boots so I feel you on the layering!

Tracey said...

This looks great.. and while it IS sexy, I don't think it's TOO sexy.. it looks perfect for the office!

Ally said...

That's for the reassurance! I feel like I'm poured into the dress. Maybe I shouldn't have had that McAllister's baked potato for lunch...

Jamie said...

Girl that is ONE HOT OUTFIT!!

Ally said...

Thanks, Jamie!! Rawr!!

Kelly said...

That is an awesome deal on the ipod case! Great job! I just found your blog (through Fab Finds Under $50) and I was excited to see you're all in Louisville - I just moved from Louisville after graduating from UofL!