Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My "Go To" Summer Outfit - Tracey


So, I have this rediculous addiction to sundresses. Any A-line style that falls below the knee is what I gravitate too, but lately I've worn 2 strapless numbers that I really like. You can throw a cardigan over them for work and then after work you are good to go to sit outside with friends and enjoy a beverage on a hot sunny day. Don't forget your sunscreen! :)

Allison took both of these pics on location. The top one was taken this past Friday. It's a madras plaid sundress by Carole Little. I picked it up at Marshall's last Summer. The one thing I've always been curious about that maybe one of you guys knows is where other than Marshall's that they sell the Carole Little brand? I've only seen it there. I love practically everything I see and I own a number of pieces from that line.




This 2nd dress Allison took of me tonight. We went to the Louisvllle Bats game for the Friends of Lou promotion. It's a Jcrew embossed beach dress. I've had it for years and I bought it on super clearance ($20 for $98 retail!!), but they still make the style. At the moment certain colors are on sale and you can find them here. The cardigan that I am holding in my hand is Cherokee from Target. These cardigans are my fave cardis of the moment. I wish I had bought every color when I saw them, but I only bought 3 and now I can't find any more in my size. They are 3/4 length sleeve in a cotton/nylon/spandex blend and they are perfection. They wash up so nicely. I prefer these to the J Crew Jackie Cardis that I love so much. I have the white, red, and teal and I am currently on the lookout for yellow and pink!

I promise one of these days I'll switch out my bag! :)

4 comments:

Ally said...

Cute!!

Why would you ever switch bags when your yellow one is sooooooooo nice? Oh! I know why and I bet it's PIIIIIINK!!! :)

Jamie said...

Mama! Lovin that go-to summer dress! Did you pick up an ball players at that game? Save me one next time :)

Leslie said...

I love madras print!!! And my sister has that exact J Crew dress--Im not sure if it still fits her but she wore hers for years with everything as well--casual and then really dressed up too

Always In Style said...

Looooove the madras, so chic!