Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday - Leslie


Mesh Tee: CAbi

Pants: The Limited

Zebra Shoes: Mossimo

Necklace: Just Jewelry

Ally, Tracey and I (along with Ally's main squeeze Al and his friend) went to see the Dark Knight. First of all, let me just say it was fabulous and Heath Ledger is as amazing as advertised. Anyhow, that isn't the point of this blog...

Since I knew I wouldn't have time to change after work and I would be sitting in a theatre for close to 3 hours, comfort was of the upmost key. I wore these more tailored pants for my one work meeting of the day which was first thing in the morning. I then changed into black mesh pants (the top is mesh as well) and black flip flops. Can't get much more comfortable than stretchy mesh and flip flops for a day getting major work done at my desk and then a movie after work. Plus, the mesh pants are fun because all I had to do to shorten them was simply cut off with a pair of scissors--no charge for hemming! Yea! I only wish I had ordered them a size smaller because they basically fall off. But they are comfortable and that's the point. The mesh pants and shirt are my "closest I can get to pajamas and still be considered business casual and in dress code" outfit. I think the fact that the pants are black make them acceptable.

What is not so comfortable are my zebra print shoes. You may remember when I got them. I walked around the condo in them a bit and thought they were surprisingly ok. Well, next time I'll walk for an hour and on concrete before delivering a verdict and deciding to keep them. Not so ok then. They are shoes made for a day of walking from the car to the office, sitting at the desk all day, and then back to the car. That and only that.

4 comments:

KT said...

Some shoes are only meant for looking good in. Comfy or not these look so good on you!

E said...

Oh my gosh, that must have been so comfortable (well, minus the kicks...)! And so sassy! Love it.

Pearly said...

NO! I am sad, I still want the shoes, I was going to Target today after work and everything

Anonymous said...

I have a pair of Steve Madden shoes that are designed just like your Zebra ones. They are not comfortable at all! It is a good thing I got them for $20 vs. their original $90 price tag. Also, they do save me money because I don't go shopping at lunch or on my way home because just the thought of walking in them much hurts! You looked super cute though!