Friday, July 4, 2008

Weekend -- Ally

Happy holiday weekend!! Friday night was spent at dinner with some out-of-town friends.

Dress: Blue Plate (via General Eccentric)

Cardigan: Merona

Tank: Merona

Belt: Walmart

Necklace: Slutty teen store in mall

Shoes: Charles David (via Zappos outlet) [The linked shoes are similiar but different and a different line of CD's shoes but close enough to give you an idea]






I've had this dress for a couple of years but have only worn it twice because it's just WAY too revealing on top for me. Tooooooo much skin for Ally! Despite my loving it, I don't wear it because of that. However, I saw Londyn wearing it and thought, "You know, I could just layer a cardi over it...." and there you have it. It's just way too cute to live in the closet. The detailing at the waist and top are lovely, but you're not paying for a boob show, so check out the dress on Londyn if you want to see how cute the rest of it is! ;)


In Hindsight, the blue/green/yellow colors are very Mardi Gras, no?

Al calls this my Lisa Simpson necklace :) Little does he know she's one of my feminist heroes.














These Charles David wedges were yet another Zappos.com outlet bargain. They were probably $20-30 per usual.

The back heel is a little wet from the downpour we scampered in from. It was a rainy 4th of July in Louisville!











Earlier in the week Al and I went to our local thrift store. They have everything 25% off some days and we were there at the right time! I picked up three scarves for $1.84 each. I also got some other deals but I'll post those another time.

My accessories like to be accessorized too!

The scarf is silk and has blue/orange-red/green/pink/brown striped edging and the same colors in dots in the center. Too cute!















Saturday night we went to a cookout at a friend's house:
Denim Vest/waistcoat: thrifted

Graphic tee: Walmart

Skirt: thrifted

Shoes: Target

Dog Butt: Murray, KY










I tried something new with the mixing of patterns and layers, but I really think it works. The skirt is super comfortable and stretchy - perfect for beers and burgers!

My wedges:














Al and I at the cook out:
Isn't he handsome?


















I hope everyone had a safe and classy holiday weekend!!! I can't wait to hear about them!

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh good lord! I love the mix of Oscar the Grouch with animal print, way chic!

KT said...

Dude! I laughed so hard when I saw this. Until I clicked on "cookout" I thought you had lost your fashion marbles!

Ally said...

What? Was the skirt too much? ;)

Anonymous said...

Great job layering up the sundress. As for the cookout - for a moment I was confused when I just saw the pic of you, then after seeing the couple shot thought, "I Love Function Parties". Then I was finally smart enought to click on Cookout and it all came together. Hope you had fun - then again, how could you not??

Ally said...

Thanks, K! :)

I figured I'd have a few of you going until you saw the pic of Al and I or clicked the link!

E said...

Oh, I thought FOR SURE you'd be wearing flippers to that cookout ;)
So cute, Ally! So cute!

Ally said...

I took pause and ALMOST wore them, just for you. :) However, green metallic wedges are trashier!

ShopDownLite.com said...

Nice to have the scarf on the bag - I always liked that look!

Pearly said...

My friend I was scared. I don't always see links when I read through my googlereader (which I normally do) So I thought you were on crack or something...so glad that you were just working your WT side.