Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesday -- Ally

What a crazy few days (more like week!) I've had!!!! I'm one tired kitten but managed to look cute today :)

Top: JCPenney

Denim pencil skirt: Land's End

Belt: Walmart

Scarf: thrifted ($1.80!!!)

Shoes: Sofft (Zappos.com outlet)










It's a wonder I even have on a shirt this morning. I was so scatter brained this morning that I actually left the house BAREFOOT. Only after I walked out, locked the door and hit pavement did I realize I didn't have on shoes. I knew my black croc flats were in the backseat (back ups!) so I'd just wear those. No biggie and no sense walking back (lazzzzzzzzy!). I put on the left shoe and it's a little snug. Weird. The right one? It won't even go on my foot! They shrank!!! I'm guessing it was hot in the car and it melted or something. I'll post a pic later. I'm going to see if I can soak them in hot water. Any suggestions???

I picked up this scarf at the local thrift store. Mondays are 25% off so I scored this even cheaper than usual!

It's a pretty fuchsia snake print. It's satin and chiffon stripes and one of those things that could easily be tacky but I think pairing it with something plain lets it be the star and not compete with another pattern.





































These are a charcoal/gunmetal grey patent. I love them even though they hurt the side of my foot a little. Tracey got a pair from the outlet too :)

I realized Tracey and I buy a lot of the same stuff. The skirt she wore yesterday? I bought it too. Great minds...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say I do like the heels better than Crocs (granted you have the cute flats)! I just had to google "crocs shrank" after reading your story - it looks like you aren't the only one. Apparently you can put them in the dryer on low for 3 mins or so and then put them on your foot to stretch them back out. It's worth a shot. Love the shot of color with the scarf and snakeskin - love it!

KT said...

I have so much to say about this post:
1) That skirt is very flattering on you
2) Your clock is a mini compared to Tracey's
3) If no one is disgusted I will tell you how I handle my daughter's Crocs- I run them through the dishwasher (No dishes in that cycle I promise) and then I let them airdry and she wears them again. They are a bit snug but stretch back to her perfect size after a little bit. And they are clean again.

Leslie said...

You look so pretty today--I can really see your hair bolder in this picture! Very flattering outfit..and that's what you get for owning crocs :-) Just kidding with ya!

Ally said...

Kimberly - I like the heels way better too and I'm SO GLAD I had forgotten the patent heels in my car. They're leftover from our trip to Indy on Friday :)

KT - I loooove this skirt - I'm starting to think I wear it too much. Unlike T's clock, mine doesn't keep time. It just hangs in the fitness center and jumps around. I've heard you can wash your crocs in the dishwasher but I didn't go that route...

Les - Aww thanks!! It's really starting to fade I think. And I KNOW! That's what I said all disgusted like this morning when I threw them into the floorboard! It's my own damn fault!

Londyn said...

That shoe story is hilarious! You look great!

Ally said...

Thanks, honey! It was totally "one of those days."