Friday, July 25, 2008

Leslie -- FRIDAY FRIDAY!!


Black "After-Five" Knit Dress: CAbi

Bird Cardigan: CAbi

Studded Belt: Target

Red Peep Toe Pumps: Diba

A little sweet and a little sass today, inspired by the Carrie Bradshaw "Roger" belt like all of America. I really like her actual Roger belt but there is no way I'm going to pay $120 for a BELT so when I found this version at Target, it was about an inch smaller than I wanted but I decided for the $107 price break, I could deal with it.

You all know my love for printed cardigans. They are just feminine and really seem to match who I am. This dress is soooo comfortable. I bought it on the CAbi line a couple years ago and only wore it twice in a year because it was labeled "After-Five" dress. However, it's as soft as a t-shirt and I decided there was no sense in it being "After-Five" only. With a casual belt and/or cardigan, it easily becomes a day dress!

9 comments:

Ally said...

You're joking about not wearing that dress before 5pm, right? Sometimes I can't tell. hahhaha

I love this on you - belts are great on you!

Leslie said...

No not kidding! It was labeled "After-Five" so for the first year I owned it, I only wore it "after-five" for evening events, weddings, etc.

Ally said...

I <3 you.

ohthatgirl said...

I lurve your cardigan!!! The whole outfit is great but I'm a cardi fiend so it stands out more for me. ;O)

Unknown said...

i heart that cardigan. what's cAbi? is it a brand or the name of a store?

Jane said...

I hope you had a great time before and after five.Adress for every occasion and time!

E said...

Leslie, you are a silly girl! The dress is wonderful and definitely should not be reserved for those After 5 occasions!

Cute cardigan, too :)

Leslie said...

CAbi stands for Carol Anderson by Invitation and is a line of clothing sold at home parties twice a year. It's not exactly cheap (priced like an Ann Taylor and they have GREAT hostess benefits) but the pieces have the best fit and are classic in style so last forever. I'm a big fan! You can find them at www.cabionline.com

KT said...

AARGH! I want the bird cardigan. I bid on one on EBay and someone outbid me. I decided it wasn't meant to be so I will just hope to catch glimpses of you in yours!